IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Well, description says it’s based off Harman but…

Yeah, shouty :joy: in all seriousness- it’s very different. So maybe it’ll be interesting at least? Which honestly, at this point, I’ll take. How many good to great IEMs are there around $200 with similar tuning? Too many. We need variation, dammit!

3 Likes

True, they do be looking the same these days…

1 Like

These sure are pretty.

I think the drastic price increase is a little meh, in my opinion, but honestly- the cable is beautiful and along with the new style case, I wish I didn’t already have the OG Timeless already.

3 Likes

they already had good cables but now a nice included modular… also tempted but probably sticking with OG and HOOK-X

The OG definitely had a nice cable, that’s true. But I like this one a lot more I have to say. Plus it’s modular?! Pretty sweet.

1 Like

I have one on the way through AE (at least they told me so).

I don’t care what everyone will say, this is the best planar on the market.

2 Likes

Jesus buddy - high praise. I’ve only ever heard the Timeless, but they’re so good I never ever felt the need to buy another planar. I love them, still to this day. My literally only complaint about the timeless is I wish it had a touch more bass, maybe a little more texture as well - if these have a more thumpy mid bass, I may have to cry a little and sell my OG timeless to fund these.

I never heard them. But have you seen how pretty they are???

Already #1 :smiley:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic and making fun of me or not but idc - they are pretty to me, dammit :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’m not lol. I really think they are stupidly pretty. I love it! Might also be the light helping, but now I rly want them!!

Ahh that’s a relief, it’s always up in the air online :joy: but let us know if you get them, brother. Looking forward to your review if you do

1 Like

tries really hard not to stare at you in P1 Max

1 Like

To be fair though, they’re really similar in the Bass region with the timeless having a touch more energy in the upper mids and lower treble. I really like the tuning on the timeless from mids up to the treble - so couple that with a few db more bass and we got a deal! The nicer 2 pin cable and case are just a bonus :sunglasses:

Edit: BUT I should say that now I have access to PEQ for the first time, it may not be as big of an issue? Just waiting on my 2.5 to 4.4 adapter to test out :sleeping:

The dip at 200-500, with the small reduction of 2-8k is what I imagine is the difference. Timeless is a little more V from all descriptions, Panda is meatier

1 Like

Is it? Well let’s hope you don’t send it back before we meet then :sunglasses:

1 Like

What’s everyone’s opinion on the sennheiser IE 600?

1 Like

One of the most detailed sets around $1K, endgame level imaging and coherency, amazing at mid volume, but average soundstage and separation. Vocals and treble hurts at high volume 80db+.

1 Like

Hot mid treble, lack of slam, mids could be better, but a solid performer. Ive reviewed it for sennheiser.

One of the most technical single DDs u can find.

2 Likes

First listen fun my first non DD set I can’t believe that Sonion BA bass goes lower and slams like the EJ’S but more.

GS Audio SE12 , first listen straight off the Hiby R6 2020 dap, XINHS pure silver/7N OFCC cable , this IEM is crazy tip dependant. No wide bore for theese bad boys and the nozel is freaking massive!

Looking for to it on the AKM J2 and A90D and seeing what they can do.

11 Likes