IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Yes, that would end up being better in the long run. Instead of buying something expensive right from the start and you might not even like that signature/driver config.

So earlier today while I was bored, I took out all of my IEMs today in order to lend it to my dad for a bit since he is an avid listener to music as well as a former Disc Jockey. I basically lend him my BL03s and Starfields, as he gave it a listen I can see the results in regards on how many minutes he wore the IEMs I lent him to give it a try. Turns out he’s wearing the Starfields much longer than the BL03s and he said to me that he love the sounds of the Starfields even more than the BL03s.

Afterwards though, he is like “How the hell do you even have many so IEMs or headphones?” inside of me I am like, I blame you for giving the start up of me buying the M40xs back then, it’s your fault dad. xD

3 Likes

What cheap stuff would have different enough sound signatures to make it good

Well Its been a while since I got any budget iems, but here are some recs:

Blon 03/Final Audio E3000 = L-shaped

Tin Hifi T2/Final Audio E1000 = Bright-neutral/neutral

LZ A6 mini = reverse L-shaped

KZ ZSX (Not sure if the newer ones fit here) = V-shaped

1 Like

A LITTLE too expensive for the under 50 price

It is at around 60 usd without sale, but on aliexpress sales it is at 50.

It is actually a really good iem at that price. Especially for that signature.

If anyone wonders what I would rec from the 100-300 usd range it would be:

Fiio FH3: L-shaped

Tanchjim Oxygen: bright-neutral

LZ A6: V-shaped to reverse L-shaped depending on filter

1 Like

Under 50 goes to the Blon BL-03.

Under 60 goes to the Fiio FD1.

oh thats the problem… i dont use aliexpress… my parents credit card did not like the site

so availabe from any other places will be nice for this situation… and on other places it was 75 dollars…

so definitely the final or blon, the tin T2, and the KZ ZS10 pro are very likely… i just need different sound signatures… not even a need for different drivers

If you cant use aliexpress then you will be limited a lot.

There are other places like, penon audio/shenzhen audio/hifigo/linsoul. They have their own stores apart from their stores on aliexpress.

I have not used shenzhen audio personally but it shouldnt be a problem, however I advice against linsoul due to their customer service.

Guys what do you guys think about the QKZ IEMs? I am planning to get 2 of those in order to give it to my little brothers for I have noticed that they are not using good earphones and I even saw them using shitty earphones that are broken. So yeah, I’ll keep it a secret from them and I know it’s not much but at least that’s I can do to give them something.

havent tried them, but honestly I think that all these 30 usd iems are merely sidegrades to stuff thats been out longer (like KZ and CCA). Unless something is talked about for a long time after release like the blon 03.

I mean I wish I could give the 2 some BL03s right now but I am just short right now and they are doing online classes at the moment. Well I guess I will just have to see it for myself then and see how it goes for the 2.

How young are they or how good can they tell good sound from bad?

I think most kids prefer V-shaped sound, so KZ stuff is suited for them.

they are not getting any younger that’s for sure and yeah I guess so. But I think they are the type that as long as there are sounds group of people, but I want them to give them a bit of audio clarity so that they can hear their shitty music even clearer xD

Speaking from my own experience as a kid. I only cared about the bass and treble, also used EQ to boost bass/treble like crazy. So even if you give them something tuned more mature, they probably wont like it.

Not sure where to drop this…

Was wondering how seriously you guys take caring for your IEMs and the most important part of HiFi audio, YOUR EARS! As with everything, I go overboard…

Do you guys have tips on cleaning and taking care of your IEMs and tips? How do you store them? Do you guys have suggestions/things you’ve learned over the years that have benefitted your IEM enjoyment other than the IEM and music itself? Would enjoy hearing your thoughts.

1 Like

This is (was) all I need for storage lol: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M7QUL2Z

Although I wished I went with a bigger one :joy:

1 Like

Oh forgot, I have a few of these too lol:https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07Y1BYZW1

I think that’s exactly what I use for my tips…

Wish I got something larger too. :laughing: