IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Well, I own quite a few and you can see the whole list on my profile here. My current most used 5 or so are the 64 Audio A18s, Campfire Audio Supermoon, ThieAudio Excalibur, Letshuoer EJ07M w/ resin shells, and the AKG N5005 has been getting more ear time recently since I saw it mentioned on a thread here and on headfi. I have a 64 Audio A12t that should be getting delivered tomorrow if I’m lucky, but by Thursday at the latest that I’m pretty excited about too.

BTW, for anyone interested, tomorrow I’m going to be trying out UM’s Multiverse Mentor. I’m stoked to see what $4500 gets you from UM.

Edit: What’s your rotation looking like these days?

5 Likes

After my purge I’m left with; Maestro Mini, UP, SA6U, Mahina, OG Tea and Meteor. All previous were sets I enjoyed but, these made the cut. Meteor has taken the cake as my favorite.

9 Likes

Solid line up! I haven’t tried the Meteor, but I was actually pretty impressed by the Helios. I might still eventually pick one up.

I love that the UP is still there

2 Likes

They look as handsome as we all know them to be… I’m going to hold off on opinions until I’ve heard them for longer. Not quite what I was expecting.

14 Likes

I doff my cap to you multiple IEM owners, found my endgame with the Yanyin Canon, my brain refuses to accept I can find better. I’m satisfied and curiously lurk these threads. All these sub 100 iems are great for consumers and those high end iems will still find their audience. There’s room for everyone and barrier to entry is less restrictive.

Also, had a Fiio M11, which I sold as the £10 apple dongle is all I need for the canon. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

12 Likes

You’re living my dream… the cap is mutually doffed, well played!

Congratulations! My endgame is all the IEMs I have and secretly hope I don’t have any more :smiley: :wink:.

2 Likes

For me the journey is the endgame and I’m just trying to enjoy each and every experience along the way.

2 Likes

I recently heard someone say they find the Cadenza to sound metallic with a soft loose bass. It could be they didn’t give it enough power or had a soft sounding source. Maybe this one benefits some from burn in.

Anyway, eager to hear what you have to say.

2 Likes

I’ve had the Truthear Hexa for a day or so, really loving them, great buy for the price… They pretty much s*#t on everything I’ve previously bought.

1 Like

Damn, sick rotation. That super moon is very interesting to me - is the premium worth it on those? I’ve heard so many good things on Head-fi. I’ve also seen some Customs go up for sale on classifieds for around $800 which is insane - I know you’d have to reshell them but that is a stellar price for a set with such high praise. You’re right about the N5005 - it has been picking up steam as of late, more and more people have been taking delivery lately over on the discovery thread (I creep around but rarely post on there).

My rotation stays simple, and fairly inexpensive honestly, it’s nothing impressive lol

Hexa and Rosefinch for out and about, while my Monarch’s stay at home. I listen to them when I can sit down in a quite environment and really focus on the music. Lately I’ve been getting the opportunity more and more and I’ve fallen back in love with them.

1 Like

Big respect - some times, simple is better :saluting_face:

1 Like

Does anyone know anything about the FATFreq Maestro Mini Version 2?

I am considering buying the Maestro Mini but then saw this and now don’t know if there is a new version being released or what?

There is a V2. It’s somehow more V shaped with I believe about 5 more db of bass and greater treble extension. Idk if a graph has popped up yet. It’s also going to be about $50 more.

1 Like

That guy on Reddit claims they sent him the V2 by accident.
If that’s the case I wonder if they are going to just replace the original completely or have both on sale? I sent a msg to them but it’s the middle of the night over there.

From the photo, it addresses the first thing I would expect to be changed from the first - a screen on the nozzle instead of a gaping hole with the BA almost flush with the hole.

The original didn’t even have enough of a lip to attach screens to, I tried. No surface area to stick on.

2 Likes

There has been some talk on this over on head-fi. From my understanding they updated the V1 to include a filter, they are going to sell the V1 and V2 side by side for a while I believe since the FR changed and some want the old tuning plus the price for the V2 is $476 IIRC. I doubt they would send a V2 if someone laid for a V1 unless it was a mix up.

1 Like

Hmm, the Meteors have my interest especially since I don’t have an all BA set. @MMag05 I think we have some library overlap, if you wouldn’t mind can you give me a flavour for how they replay rock/metal?

PM me some songs

2 Likes