IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Everything feels way too close to each other, like it’s all just thrown in one spot instead of spread out

Omg I just realized I’ve had Mono audio toggled on cause I listen to music in one earphone at work, no wonder it all sounds close together :joy: :joy:

14 Likes

LOL! That will certainly make things sound cramped and like they’re all coming from one spot…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: At least you figured it out before you wrote off the IEMs.

1 Like

These are great when listened to properly! :joy: i’m such a fool haha, I knew something was up

6 Likes

@Kamron_Howard you’ve provided me my laugh for the night, thank you sir :sweat_smile:

We all make dumb mistakes - best to shrug it off and laugh about it later on for sure.

2 Likes

I had about 4 hours where I thought I had some kinda hearing damage because I started a listening session and the right side of all of my headphones and IEMs sounded way quieter than the left. Eventually I checked all the setting on the music player app I was using at the time and figured out that I had somehow changed the left-right balance, thus making the majority of the sound come out of the left channel lol! :rofl: I had never used that setting before and to this day I have no idea how it happened. Guess that makes me a fool too…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Let’s help Hobby Talk exceed 1k subscribers by Xmas! What I like about him and his videos:

• his videos are beautifully mastered
  • his reviews are short and to the point
  • he’s a musician, so I trust his ears (esp for timbre)
  • he makes explanatory videos that are really easy to understand

I don’t know if he’s on HFGF, but check out his channel and give him a subscribe if you like his content!

15 Likes

Looks like he got it at some point overnight. Congrats to him. Let’s see if he makes an appearance in the forums if he’s around.

2 Likes

I’ve told Hobby Talk to join us here on the forums - i found his channel a few months back and I love the straight the point concept and way he goes about his reviews, never bloated and the fact that he’s a musician that plays actual instrument, I tend to trust his ears as well.

Good for him on getting to 1000 subs - that’s fantastic news :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Qudelix raising the bar again

19 Likes

This makes me incredibly jealous … Once I read about the new firmware for the Q5K, I instantly checked in there was a new firmware on the BTR7 for shits and giggles … nope. Can’t be too hopeful that FiiO wakes up and starts to put a little more budget into software and UI to bring that part of their business inline with the hardware.

4 Likes

20 band…what???

I didn’t even read the rest. 20 band PEQ is INSANE!

Edit: EQ presets based on impedance and sensitivity…WHAT??? The way this could change easily volume matching IEMs and/or headphones…

Oh my gods. This is nuts!

8 Likes

The Yume II have the perfect amount of energy that i’m looking for. The treble is amazing, it’s right there at the point of being too much but it never is, it’s the best I’ve personally heard, i’m glad I figured out what was going on last night because I love these things! The only thing they don’t play back as well is hip hop, it’s not bad but it’s not particularly great, not enough bass to really make it shine but that’s okay, they do just about every other genre very well.

A huge shame I never got the performer 5 as it seems from reviews to be a cut above these but I’m able get lost listening to music and appreciate what’s streaming through my ears on these.
I own the Serratus as well as the Sundaras and I think I would still grab these first so that’s pretty damn good for under $300

3 Likes

Is the Meze Rai Penta worth £500 in today’s market?

Definitely not. There are a lot of hybrid set-ups with better tuning new for under $300. Like the AFUL P5 and Truthear Hexa. Go up to $300+ and you got the B2 Dusk and Tea2. 500 is a tough sell. You can get a 07M, Variations, TOP for that price.

5 Likes

When you speak about bands, you actually speak about “traditional” non parametric EQ, so if I were you wouldn’t set my hopes too high.

For power output with impedance and sensivity, the es100 can display that from a long time now. A good thing qudelix is catching up on that as it can ease volume matching a lot. I’m not sure about the tie-in with EQ presets, though… I guess we’ll see how it goes

I think by 20 band PEQ it means you can put up to 20 different filters for PEQ instead of 10 which it is now

Ae for the EQ presets with power display I’m assuming it will take the EQ preamp/gain settings so it will tie the information to a given preset. This also means you can have a bunch saved for different IEMs

3 Likes

I don’t even remember why, but I put some final E tips on the p1Max. That plus changing the cable for a tripowin jelly that was lying around.

I don’t remember why I did that, but I’m glad I did :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The peq for now can have “only” 5 parameters IIRC… I just checked: it has 10 lines available, I stand corrected.

But I insist: when you speak about bands, it can’t be peq but “just” traditional EQ; but then it may be only my definition? And there is a possibility the qudelix team has a different Definition than mine?
To me, a peq has parameters, or possibly lines, but not bands…

Okay okay, I got excited and read it as the PEQ function on the Q5K would get 20 parameter options, instead of the current 10.

My bad. Reading comprehension, I know…