IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

What is reversible? Never heard of that word :joy: (sarcasm)

Ty for all the tips yā€™allā€¦ now, is there a mod to make the soundstage less cramped? :joy:

Reversible means itā€™s easy to undo the mod. With a tip vent, you just roll up some micropore tape and fit the eartip over your IEM while holding the tape in place on the IEM so that the tape fits between the IEM and tip. All you have to do to undo it is take off the tip and take out the tape.

A vent tape mod is literally just taking the piece of tape back off. No major surgery, no cracking open the shells or anything like that.

1 Like

Oh yeah sorry I thought you said making a whole there would decrease the bass so I was confused. Also where the bass shelf comes in at depends on the chamber size, right?

Iā€™ve been using my Olina as a platform for tinkering and definitely made it sound crazy bloated and underwater. I need to circle back on that. I need to figure out how to get the back off so I can get into the internals

2 Likes

PEQ high shelf boost 10k+ :smirk:

1 Like

Appreciate the definition, but I was joking :joy: I meant Iā€™m just gonna go all in hahaha (on some cheaper sets).

2 Likes

You didnā€™t say sarcasm. I was just trying to be helpful!

1 Like

Depends on driver, chamber volume, chamber shape, vent and chamber/shell material.

1 Like

My b my b. I changed it now! Sorry boo

Any physical mods? Wonā€™t have access to EQ all the time :confused:

nope, nothing afaik that isnt just a pure rework/un-reversible.

1 Like

1 Like

I feel that this may be slightly premature but here are my initial impressions of the FatFreq Maestro Minis after listening to them for about 2-3 hours today.

@MMag05 coming in clutch once again, allowing me the opportunity to babysit these bad boys for a few days before handing them over, reluctantly, to @GooberBM. But truthfully, these are an experience I want to share as much as possible.

These are, simply put - one of, if not, my favorite IEMs I have had the pleasure to experience.

These are, authoritative but somehow simultaneously articulate. The bass is monstrous; it slams and it slams HARD. The rumble and the subbass become omnipotent on tracks like Eternal Roamer by ENOS. The mid bass is a powerful piece of an evocative force that demands to be noticed. It is clear, defined, fast in itā€™s approach, but can connect to the chin and deliver a blow that would crumble the toughest of opponents. daft punkā€™s Give Life Back to Music is oh so groovy, the kick drum punch drives the song forward, where the bassline is the road it travels on.

It is, quite simply, the best bass region that I have ever experienced.

The mids and treble region are the real magic trick here. Where the bass reigns supreme in the mix, the rest of the instrumentation and vocals donā€™t take the back seat, but rather are riding shotgun. They come across with clear articulation and good body. One and Only by Adele and A Little While by Yellow Days show off amazing timbre and tonality. Warm, and inviting. The Maestro Minis are addicting.

Simply put, I am blown away by these and I am salivating at the thought of the bigger brothers, the SE. Before I write something absolute, Iā€™ll be subjecting myself to A/B tests against all of the IEMs I currently have at home, which is a lot.

13 Likes

Glad they made it safely and I canā€™t +1 your review enough! There is some serious magic in there. I really want to try out the V2 at some point

3 Likes

I said to Dom on Wednesday that the absurdity of this community is truly mind-boggling.

• Penon Serial, Fan, and Vortex
  • Every class that has a bud in the Rikubuds line
  • A TGXear bud
  • FatFreq Maestro Mini
  • Thieaudio Monarch Mk. II
  • MIM Dark Magician (the OG)
  • The Sony Legends N3 and EX800

If I crossed one of those off my list this would have been a successful year.

I got them all and January isnā€™t half over. You all are truly making dreams happen. Thank you again, so much

15 Likes

Youā€™re the man, thanks for sending these my way. These are seriously magic - I havenā€™t felt this addicted to an IEM since the Timeless and itā€™s bringing back emotions in me. It really does seem that the boys at FatFreq have an itch to create something special. Iā€™m all in. Looking forward to seeing what the v2 is all about.

3 Likes

Hey you guys wanna add RSV and OG 07 to that list? :wink: I can hook yaā€™ll up pm me! @domq422 @GooberBM Oh, and SA6 U.

10 Likes

Whaaaaat the ā€¦ :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

It is January 13th and Iā€™ve already had my years worth of gear.

I am beginning to fatigue but in the best way possible :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Nah manā€¦Nahā€¦

WHAT IS HAPPENING!

Justā€¦Dom, can you deal with this? Cause I cannot.

I canā€™t

3 Likes

Who needs CanJam when HFGFJam is just as good?

2 Likes