IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Like Fiio’s FH3s

1 Like

Campfire and Ken be like…

4 Likes

No real predictions really. Just a few things I’m excited about. Right now, it seems everybody is freaking out over the THOR MJÖLNIR IEM. I succumbed to the peer pressure and ordered one on DROP. Hopefully I won’t be dead by the time I get it. Think FOCAL Utopia that can lay down the bass hammer!

Other than that, I’m VERY excited for the Fiio FH3. When can I order it on Amazon???

2 Likes

The FH7 also had a Beryllium DD.

I believe that the hype around the FH3 is because it has the tech from the FH7 (beryllium dd, knowles ba and the “S.TURBO acoustic technology”) at 3 times less the cost of the FH7. BGGAR´s intro video probably also increased the hype a lot.

Are you referring to the Lyra? My radar for iems are mostly chi-fi only, dont have to sell my liver for that :joy:

Apparently the right side on my moondrop starfield suddenly plays almost no sound at all, I switched from the aftermarket cable I was using to the stock one, and it still persisted. I tried it from my phone and an amp, and in both instances, the same occurred. Oddly enough, this just happened after finally deciding to try EQ on them, I’m guessing that’s pure coincidence though. Idk if I’m able to return them or not, I’ve had them for maybe 3 or 4 months and bought them from amazon brand new. If anyone knows whether I can return them or not, let me know. Trying to figure out myself, but not really finding the answer I’m looking for.

Try letting them rest for a few hours. Might be moisture that is causing the problem. (You can also try replacing the mesh filter.)

I hear it’s tuned better than the FH7 and FH5. I love the fit of the FH7 so I’m excited for a possibly better sounding Fiio.

2 Likes

Honestly, now that I’ve received the Porta pros I don’t think I will be pursuing more Iems.

1 Like

Waiting a few hours and trying again seems to have fixed the problem for whatever reason.

1 Like

Now it started happening again. I think I pretty much used it since my last post, so about 2 hours, and the audio coming from the right piece started getting quieter again at the very end of my use. No idea what this is.

Guys I ordered the Moondrop Starfield yesterday and I want to ask something. I know it might sound dumb, but I just want to know on what type of pin does the Starfield use? is it a 2-pin connector or MMCX? because I kind of forgot about it.

2 pin, kinda a deep insertion one tbh

.78mm 2 pin.

Alright thanks

I see, thanks just in case i need a replacement of it ofc.

Sorry. I have had no issue with my Starfield of KXXX. I don’t know anyone who has. I’d look around and see if Moondrop can help you out. I don’t know if Amazon will. If you’re out an IEM tho and need a new one, I suggest the Blon BL-03. I prefer it to the Moondrop and it’s only 26 bucks!

It sounds like it is a moisture problem. If you got replacement mesh filters you can try replacing them.

Anyone else swop tips when they roll cables?