IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Couldn’t agree more. I’d love to see some brands start taking some chances here and there. Kiwi seems to be trying with the Quintet, which I hope turns out great honestly.

3 Likes

Even very stagnant. :slightly_smiling_face: Planars are almost gone or they put them with different drivers in combination.

1 Like

Fan 2 now $139.50 with discount code :+1:

4 Likes

Clan is looking good nestled in the protection of the DragonScale coiled Glamdring. Fierce and ready to strike with precision detail and thunderous force.

Glamdring goes in for the initial kill with a thunderous blow to the head. Hitting full force with a fierce attack to the temple ringing your eardrums from the force.

Still alive though and ready to fight another round UP strikes. Striking with delicate articulated blows while dancing around you with intimate show of force as if on a small stage. Your still hanging in though and stand up for the next round.

Now enters Neon Pro. What’s this oddity of a challenger that has been spoken off as if it’s the next champion. You write it off initially on attack. Then it drops it blunted hollow blade and pulls out another from its sheath. On attack your stunned. What is the detailed but hard hitting weapon and you fall to your knees in forgiveness of the ill words you spoke. It steps to the side in mercy. Little do you know of the final battle.

She comes in wrapped in beautiful mysterious dress resembling that of a Panda. She domes no weapons and approaches with a gentle walk. How will you prepare yourself? In a moment of forgiveness she begins a song of enchantment. It’s the most organic heaven like song you’ve heard. It’s only then you realize this mysteries angelic presence super power. Your mind can’t take it as she sings the song of sirens and goes for the final kill. I soft hand lands on shoulder and crumble peacefully to your death bed.

11 Likes

And this dude likes to suggest he can’t write well or paint a beautiful story of sound!

LIES, I SAY!!!

2 Likes

If writing liking telling a story sure I’ll give credit to myself. In the sense of how someone like yourself or @nymz break down the nuances into more audiophile terms than no.

3 Likes

Yo what cable is that

1 Like

NiceHCK DragonScale is on the Glamdring. It was on sale for $125 a few weeks ago. Even cheaper depending on how much you spent total and the extra discount you received. Seeing these are my favorite sets decided to dress them up nice.

5 Likes

Odd question, I am thinking of upgrading my portable amp game, and am trying to decide between the Topping G5 and the BTR7. I know there are fans of each, but I don’t know if there an intersection on that Venn diagram.

I think if you don’t mind the size the G5 is the better value purchase

3 Likes

For me personally, I’d pick the BTR7 for the portability, feature set and the fact that it has a true balanced output for $100 less. There’s no doubt that the overall sound quality out of the G5 would probably be better objectively, not to mention the huge power output difference, but for IEMs, the difference in power out is negligible at best and I can assure you that the BTR7 sounds fantastic and is very well made.

Either way you can’t go wrong though. Happy listening!

3 Likes

Wasn’t sure where eles to post this but I kinda really like the look of these but mostly the blue one. Any experiences or thoughts on these?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005693015605.html

If you listen loud you’ll probably be better off with the G5 since I was maxing it on the PR2 high gain, so depends on if your IEMs are easy to drive or not. Also the battery life on the BTR7 is not the best :joy:

If you have any headphones or earbuds then I’d rec G5, but BTR7 is really portable and convenient though.

4 Likes

Im worried about your ears lol. :joy:

9 Likes

Dude, I have no idea how the PR2 is listenable at max volume off the BTR7 for you. Using even the Sundara, I can be at a comfortable volume around 45/60 on high gain.

There’s no way the PR2 are that difficult to drive :joy:

6 Likes

Woof, I’ve never had my BTR7 above 35 :melting_face:

1 Like

It’s decently hard to drive, but I can’t quite remember if it was on high gain or normal, but I do remember maxing it out :stuck_out_tongue: and dw I only listen loud for like 30 minutes max LOL

1 Like

I do agree. G5 sounds so clean and has more than enough power however it is heavier than my smartphone so it’s hard to carry on my pocket. Hard to rec for portability, unless you intend to use it on a table.

1 Like

You’re nuts, brother lol I love it. My father when he came over my house a few months ago was the same way - he had the monarch’s in his ears and while they are also a bit harder to drive than the rest of my sets, this dude was really at 50/60 on high gain…. For reference, the monarch’s are a good volume at 30/60 for me, and super f’n loud above 35. It is Confirmed, he’s definitely deaf :rofl:

4 Likes

Uh oh… I just feel like you don’t get the true experience unless you’re blasting it and fully immersed :rofl: See your dad gets me LOL

1 Like