IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Fake reviews of fake gear :joy:

3 Likes

Just got this email:

3 Likes

I hear some people around me say that cheap, budget IEMs nowadyas(around 50$ like the truthear zero…) can compete and maybe even better than mid-tier model( around 150$-200$) from 2, 3 years ago? What are your thoughts on that guys? Is the IEMs world really developed that fast?

2 Likes

Yes. That’s right. They even compete with 300-400 dollars from 4-5 years ago.

5 Likes

I’ve got the EPZ 530 winging its way to me, looks very promising, my first all BA since the FiiO FA7 put me off them :joy::rofl:

Paul Wasabii on it with an early unboxing.

6 Likes

If this is literally “EA500 with more sub bass” that’s gonna be my end game. Also seems like they rounded the treble hotness

5 Likes

I think the AKG N5005 is a darn fine IEM.

I think the Hi Fri Aphex is a darn fine IEM.

This hobby is wearing, but I’ll put some extra time into expressions and longer term impressions of the Aphex for sure. He deserves as much return for his labors as possible, plus he is an incredibly kind and friendly dude on top of being knowledgeable and hard working.

8 Likes

Oh looks like this one now uses a 4.4mm balanced plug instead of the usual 3.5mm we get from the OGs back then. Though when it comes to the tips, it’s basically still the same one as the originals and I am a bit disappointed with that. Also the design is fine, but I still prefer the original look for the only issue I had with mine back then would be the paint chipping off and I hope that issue will not show on these new ones.

Man the cable looks good as well and probably better than the original ones, but if possible I think they should have went with a modular one though that’s going to bump up the price a bit, 4.4 is good though. Also same price as the OGs which is surprising for I was expecting a price bump.

They are available again, the Monarch MKIII !!!

1 Like

Behold! A unicorn! Enjoyable sound for under 60 USD from a TWS? Yes.
Welcome the Baseus Bowie EX TWS

This is as good as it get for 60 bucks in regard to sound quality. Bass has good rumble and impact, doesn’t bleed into the mids (See graph below). Clean midrange, Detailed sound and good treble extension. Fit is good.

I’m kind of speechless what Baseus achieved here. This could easily sell for double the price if they’d stamp JBL or whatever on it. They sound on-par or even better as some hybrids in this price range. Best codec available is AAC but I don’t care.

Disclaimer: Bought with my own money and I’m not affiliated with this or any other brand.

I’m using AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal for TWS tips

Measures like a Superstar :ok_hand::

Listended to the new Goldie Remixes (Epic stuff!), Bass lines flow effortless and are in good balance to the mids and treble. Sub-bass rumbles adequately and doesn’t sound overpowered.

Aphex Twin, IDM sounds flawless the BA provides the needed detail and treble

Logic - The Incredible True Story, Hip-Hop sounds fun. As already mentioned the Bowie sounds well balanced. Vocals are clear, no bleed from the bass.

more pics

8 Likes

Dude, thank you for Taking the chance and getting these. I’ve had my eyes on a few pairs from this brand so seeing your positive experience is so reassuring!

3 Likes

Gotta respect a brand that adds a good chunk of bass to their product and opt to combine bass and Zeus, to form: Baseus!

megazord-mighty-morphin-power-rangers

Looks like a decent TWS though!

6 Likes

Just realized they have an app with 3 sound modes (BISA modes) and eq profiles :smile:…will measure a selection later.

2 Likes

Perfect word play

1 Like

Well damn.

A nozzle damper should do it for me.

Can you take a picture on the nozzle?

2 Likes

sure

1 Like

aa right, its oval shaped.

judging by the pic, I dont think u can fit a tuning foam in it.

1 Like

The BISA sound modes are kinda whack

On the other hand the EQ profiles (available when BISA modes are off) are very delicate and decent:

2 Likes

BISAsam approves :grin:

1 Like