IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

You seem to be a classical guy

6 Likes

Nah I dont really listen to actual classical music. But I do listen to a lot of OST/weeb stuff that tends to share the same requirements as classical.

5 Likes

@Mufflertape you wanted to see a graph of the OH10S right?
well…

(they should have collabed with me lol.)

1 Like

Posting here also, since my post was removed from Head-Fi. Censorship is a real thing.

Recently reviewed a IEM for Penon, bought at 50% discount the ISN NEO 5. After it was shipped the Penon owner Chi contacted me, complained about a earlier product I had reviewed for them(EST50 bought full price).
Since I compared it to my reference set that was better, I got asked to not use better or more expensive IEMs this time. This he came with after it was shipped, if he said it beforehand I would have declined the review offer.

Also a note about Penon/ISN IEMs and cables, they do not have the best quality on the 2 pin sockets. Some are to tight, others loose. I have lost both my FAN and Serial in the floor many times. While the new cable that came with NEO 5 is to thick for some socket, and would expand them.

Rant over, just wanted it out one place its not removed. Do not think I will ever buy a product from Penon anymore, might even sell of my current ones.

27 Likes

So dumb! You gave NEO5 a pretty good review anyway, IIRC

There goes what interest I had in Turbo, like a poof of smoke

8 Likes

Btw, since you love the Vulkan so much, do you know if the HEXA is a budget Vulkan?

2 Likes

I did not get enough time with @domq422’s set to make that connection. I’ll give that a look if I get a chance

But speaking of budget “save your monies” and Penon being dickheads:

Best $20(ish) set!

1 Like

Another one came to mind when i saw that graph

Is the Cadenza a better Vulkan? :slight_smile:

1 Like

it better be at 5-6x the price.

6 Likes

all of these sets are closer together than Diva´s left and right channel lol :smiley:

11 Likes

Oh that’s a good one.

Vulkan stomps Cadenza into the mud. I wouldn’t use Cadenza as the budget version of Vulkan anyway.

Piccolo is the one you’d want

Did not know you had a listen to Cadenza
I enjoyed Cadenza a lot and now you make me curious about Vulkan which is muuuuch cheaper
Wait… we both are talking about Letshouer Cadenza12 right?

4 Likes

ProminenceBurn

4 Likes

I read your post over there and was thinking, oh damn that won’t last long. Appreciate your sincerity.

6 Likes

Thanks. The Penon 10th review posting in every thread tipped me over to say something.

9 Likes

No we are not talking about the same Cadenzas. Mrmrmrmr that’s way out of my pay grade

3 Likes

Yes it´s not a budget set for sure.
A german shop put the price down to 1500€ for a while, which still is a lot of money ofc but it was much more tempting, but Letshouer did not approve and they had to raise it again.
Whatever, I´m pretty sure you´d like it aswell and hope that you will get a listen one day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d love to hear the Cadenza once more, it didn’t blow me away the first time I heard it, but referring back to my notes from CanJam;

These were so very smooth, all parts of the FR are extremely buttery and the playback is addicting, honestly. I could see these being a set one could wear for hours and hours without any fatigue whats so ever. The fit is great too, very comfortable - ingress/egress is very easy, and there’s no pressure build up or driver flex from the DD. I guess the reason why I’m putting this one in the good and not great section is because I wasn’t exactly wowed by them - really fantastic IEM, don’t get me wrong - but I sit here and I think back on them and I can’t remember anything that blew me away besides how smooth it was and how much I love the cable*

2 Likes

I had them at home for a few days and was mesmerized from the very first moment.
I can imagine that your impression could possibly differ if you had a listen in another environment but that´s just a guess.
For me it was also fascinating how smooth they are while still having that super high resolution, i did not get any fatigue. But also I was listening to them at lower volume because I did not even feel to crank it up…everything was there already.
Can not really forget about it and would love to give them another listen one day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Unless im reading that wrong it doesnt look like they toned down the pina gain at all. Is there an audible difference or just a fresh coat of paint? Also plz link to foams in case i feel compelled to give them a shot down the road. In love with my quintet atm ngl.