IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I’d love to see many design options. 5+ would be great like the Theiaudio Monarch MK iii. I do think theiaudio did offer a few too many options which can lead to choice overload. They would have been better of with 3-5 options instead of many permutations and available options, especially with the shell color. Yet I know Fresh reviews a reviewer who got a yellow one. It makes the iem even more special.
I’ve polled a few friends and most people like the Blue and White faceplate, but some love the gold one. I think 7-1, with many can’t decide on which is better. Personally, I think that they are both really great and would give the white and blue an 8/10 and the gold and white a 7/10, like @AmericanSpirit_JP I agree that they could be slightly better. I do feel it’s really cool as the Aful 8 was a tiny bit too similar to the Aful 5. (At least the US version, blue local version of band 8 is amazing.) I’m really looking forward to demoing them at Can Jam SoCal in a few weeks.

1 Like

Thanx. The top is actually more favored. And we are still trying to make it better :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank u for your feedback!! :heartbeat:

1 Like

Glad to see your support :blush: :blush:

2 Likes

We have made adjustments to the prototype of 14BA, trying to achieve a better state. Stay tuned. Absolutely worth being a flagship. :heartbeat: And thank you for your support to AFUL, 1BA is also a great innovation. Stay tuned :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

How do you pronounce your company name? There are many people who think it’s pronounced the same way as English-speaking people pronounce, “awful,” which is negative.

1 Like

I actually think its one of best looking iem out there personally i put them at the same tier as kinera skuld, kinera norn, kinera urd , dunu sa6 dark purple and blue, hidition viento b, prestige ltd, oracle mk2, black divas and red um mest3.
I think the faceplate is just as jmportant as the sound because music is a form of art just like the faceplates or the paintings on these iems.

1 Like

It’s nice to speak with you here instead of Twitter :smile:

Please re-consider the design of the flagship faceplate.

If it’s “contour “ based art, and the path you are taking, it’s better to keep all color scheme close to the base color

This is my private photo.

Taken at Miami, Florida last winter.

When you zoom in, it certainly has your visioned design👌

As you said, there is no one-size fit all, but at least as AFUL is one of best science professionals in this hobby, finding better fit is your expertise😉

Just try avoid to make one that’s AI-generated Pablo Picasso with Stable Diffusion like I did last morning.

Zoomed in
IMG_0094

1 Like

That Awful unfortunate mistranslation has been told over and over again. But eventually people got used to it.

It’s Uh-Fwu. Like Yahoo’ without Y.

Means “fortune” in Chinese, with unfortunate misinterpretation.

The naming is awful but sound of them are BFUL.

I have both Performer 5 and 8, and was actually the evangelist on head-fi back then. Especially P8 is a very wild anomaly for something you can get around mid $300 USD.

FYR:

about AFUL: my old posts

Performer 5 review:

AFUL is now trending in Japan since my initial introduction on Twitter.
https://x.com/detroitbcm/status/1648907289192017922?s=46&t=0JEY5S3Hf1wWOxR34LyJdw

The naming “Afwul” meaning actually worked as eye-catching point when publishing AFUL to Japan haha :smile:

5 Likes

I also quite like the design but this is where creativity sits where the enjoyment or likeness of an object is subjective. To me it has a kind of abstract art feel.

1 Like

They’re an awesome set, still one of my top 5 favourite IEM’s under $100

“Aful” is pronounced similarly to “A FULL MOON” but without the inclusion of “moon” at the end.

6 Likes

‘AFUL’ in Chinese”福” symbolizes good blessing, which lies at the heart of our team’s mission: to convey hi-fidelity sound & good blessing to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Actually I think it is a very valuable question, one that many of our fellow audiophiles have asked before. We are currently brainstorming a way to better introduce our company to everyone on social media. We hope that when the time comes, it will allow you to get to know our team better. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for your response; I think it’s already great! The word ‘Fu’ in China carries a rich cultural meaning; it can represent wealth and also blessings. I think you’ve provided an excellent explanation. And, I’ve seen your fantastic posts on Head-Fi and strongly appreciate the suggestions you’ve made earlier. I’m truly grateful that Aful has fans like you who are loyal and willing to offer advice.

Initially, Aful was a team targeting the domestic market in China, so we had a very localized interpretation of the word ‘AFUL’ when we created our team. Now, as AFUL gradually expands internationally, we increasingly feel the impact of cultural barriers on our products. In the future, we will continue to deliver excellent products and tell our brand story, making more people aware that AFUL is a warm headphone brand.

Thank you all for your support. I always convey feedback from you guys to our team. I genuinely appreciate everyone’s support, and I hope we can all make this niche hobby even better. :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for your very kind interpretation. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Art is indeed a highly subjective creation, and I ttl agree. I also think it resembles abstract art in some ways, but it’s the first time I’ve heard an audiophile perceive it that way. So big thanx to you :heartbeat: :heartbeat:hope those who don’t like it won’t think I’m trying to ‘take advantage’ intentionally haha :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

They never quite resonated with me, but I did a little modding of them lately and I’m pretty fond of the result.

Because of the purple, and the fact that this is a ghetto version of a Michael Bruce type project, I’m tempted to call them Prison Mikes

Just for the fun of naming them. I’m still trialing whether they’re notably good or just ok.

8 Likes

Business plan:

1. They need a shiv compartment.
  2. Sell at prison commissary
  3. Profit
4 Likes

Thank you for conducting market research specifically for us!!We are eager to listen to everyone’s
suggestions.Delighted to hear that you will go to CanJam Sep. 30th. And we will be there as well. If convenient, plz let me know your Meta account or DM me on Meta,and I would be happy to prepare surprise for you. :star_struck:

1 Like

Those tips! I bought 1 - 3 pack of mediums and they made me such a believer that I bought 2 more packs a week later. So far there’s only been one negative experience I’ve had with them putting them on the Dioko. Made them way too sibilant for me. Today I had a thought and dug out a pair of Ibasso I haven’t used in years and switched them up too. And have to say they made even them sound better. I think it’s the combo of being able to get a deep insertion, very good seal once the tip adjusts to body temp, and then them having good “tackyness” where they hold on well to the inner ear. I had been using foam mainly due to bad comfort and other tips slipping out of my ears way too easily. These are the remedy to that for sure.

1 Like