IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

That one isn’t an upgrade on signature as much as an upgrade as in better set, yes

1 Like

The Nicehck case is a good budget case considerably cheaper than VAN Nuys and Effect Audio cases with very reasonable quailty going to get a couple more as they take up way less space than individual cases.

9 Likes

IMR gate has yet another chapter.

Still no NaLes or Event Horizon delivered to no one, but there is a new mysterious 5mm DD in off the shelf shell with fixed cable looking exactly like 20$ set from Alibaba (Hifi Stereo,Powerful Bass And Crystal Clear Audio Wired Earbuds In-ear Headphones Tiny Wired Earphone With Microphone - Buy Wired Earphones,In-ear Headphones With Microphone,Wired Earbuds Product on Alibaba.com) proposed by Bob as a replacement (apparently this set should be worth 300€). It would be very suspicious as it does not follow any of the previous IMR typical design choices (shell shape, replaceable cable and nozzle etc) and just looks generic, but as stated by one user that got to listen to it it is not the the same IEM as it “sounds and ACTS” (sic!) just like ADLC driver.

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

Post in thread ‘IMR Audio : Sonic Adventures & Impressions’ IMR Audio : Sonic Adventures & Impressions | Page 965 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

6 Likes

Bob’s like suckers…

2 Likes

had a listen to hype2. nice iem but imo the bass is lacking in the slam department even with eq boost. to be fair I didn’t tip roll but they were fitting snugly.

3 Likes

What are you playing it off on? In my experience they really need as high of a gain as you can give it for that bass slam.

L&P W2 dongle if I’m not mistaken. It might just be that the attack is a little on the soft side as Mark Ryan said. It’s not as sharp as I was expecting. :thinking:

Still a solid iem but I’m gonna hold out for a serious basshead set.

Couple of questions for @SoundEater @Rinderkappajoe and any one else who’s had an EJ07m Kinda Lava (resin) re-tuned.

I don’t want to make any significant changes just a targeted bump to the bass, maybe to bring it in line with what HBB originally intended. How did you specifiy the bass bump for your re-tune, and what sort of +dB? Did Joseph/Letshuoer sort out a better return process for doing the re-tuning and what’s best way to get hold of him?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Joseph can be contacted here or on Discord. The parcel sent it by a safe way, for example DHL. You must keep in touch with Josef and Letshuoer during the retuning and return of the shipment. My IEMs took 6 months to get back, but then it was New Year’s and they had work to do on Cadenza 12 . Otherwise, the sound has nothing to do with a metallic shell. Absolutely nothing! The added bass is powerful, but very controlled and separated from the rest. The scene is holographic - very good 3D. Well worth the resin change and retuning. :fire:

3 Likes

Sorry - I should have made that clearer, I have a resin version already :+1:

Ok. The added bass is perfect. But if you have the KL version with resin I don’t know if it’s worth the retuning for more bass. They generally sound very good with metal.

1 Like

Can not comment on resin, but I am very satisfied with my metal shell aswell.
I wanted resin first but then did not have the money at that moment but afterall I am quite happy because I like the red and the fit is perfect for me👌🏻
I also had to wait half an eternity and thought my parcel was lost. But that was because of corona and not because of Letshouer being slow or something.
I’ll send you a mobile number you can also contact Joseph vis whatsapp!

PS: Sorry Can’t find the number anymore :crying_cat_face:

PPS: @saltire Forgot to answer that part of your question… I just asked for more bass and I got told it’s +3db but when looking at the graph it does not seem like that.
It looks more like +1,5db more bass and 1,5db less treble in a certain area which makes the bass stand out more

2 Likes

I also have a resin KL (stock tuning) and while I originally wanted more lowend, I’ve come to appreciate the balance of it with the rest of the FR. A tad north of neutral, but better balanced than the EJ07M was. The bass it great quality too, IMO.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Oh. Based on my impression of the Variations, that’s a shame.

4 Likes

why shame?

Because Variations are a shame for dudes who listen to heavy music :smile:.
Now shame will be and Truthear Nova :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

5 Likes

Looks closer to the B3.

Or not, it might be closer to the mon mk2

3 Likes

Nova will be shamefully good. :rofl:

That style aint meant for rock/metal style and is more suited towards K/J-pop and the more weeby style.

1 Like