IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Michael Bruce has your metal set

3 Likes

Truthear and Kiwi Ears need to stop with the 3k pinna peak!

2 Likes

variation tuning with 5db less subbass would be the best choice for genres like metal, because most recordings post 2010 are recorded with uncontrollable amounts of bass and bloat and having a bassy iem just makes them even more bloated and messy. its always about the balance imo.

variation would be great for rock if it had 2 or 3 db more from 200hz to 400hz, older recordings had tight punchy bass and variations sterile style won’t help them either.

1 Like

Yeah, hitting me right at my weakspot.

Then it wouldnt suite K/J-pop and the more weeby style as well. Its a trade off always.

Timbre weak spot too

1 Like

That’s when someone tunes for shit. If your set is tuned well and you get a proper fit, it’s not bloated.

My Fat Glam with Tri Clarion tips is insanely good at controlling all of that quantity of bass

1 Like

Libraries!!!
Timmy and I must have a 1% library overlap lol

3 Likes

Yeah, libraries is what determines all this shit (along with HRTF).

Those genre is likely around 10% of my entire library, so not 1% at least. :joy:

3 Likes

you are talking about variations or this

the problem is not only the iem, most metal songs are shitty and bloated, like they are low fi as hell. you get brain damage listening to any modern metal for more that 5 mins.

My comment applies to any tuning but I was talking about Fat Earth playing metal.

I don’t metal but I would put more of it into my diet, just because Fat Glam is very good at playing it back

Ok. Then let’s kick all the bass players out of the bands.

from the graph fat glam or fat earth are like all boom with no guitar tones and drowned out instruments. its like listening to music under water.

1 Like

It’s a great thing that graphs don’t tell the whole story about how an IEM plays back, then

2 Likes

The fact that literally every one I have seen talking about those iems are all positive, I dont think the graph is telling the correct story here.

1 Like

depends, like on songs that everything gets fast, bass always gets mixed and eqed in a way that it doesn’t ruin faster songs. everything gets eqed in a way to sound thinner in general. in rock however you don’t have the problem of geting things mixed up so full bass sound is required imo.

1 Like

and that doesn’t mean anything. most people follow the mass to not get rejected and put aside from their respected communities so going by that mindset is flawed. thats how we evolved as social creatures basically, to reject outsiders and form communities to form a safe haven for ourselves.

1 Like

I know. Just kidding. I like these groups, especially BC.

1 Like

Just as flawed as trying to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian without any experience to support your opinion of something you haven’t tried

8 Likes

It’s very good.

I’m a big fan so far.

4 Likes

thanks god i don’t need to try this.