IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

In my experience, you either specialize in technicalities, timbre or tonality. But you cant do all 3 of them well so if you have a technical BA iem, the timbre will suffer. But if you want it to have better timbre, the technicalities will suffer. And even if they do specialize in timbre, a regular DD still got better timbre AND technicalities.

That, along with the non-vented shells makes it uncomfortable at least for me.

So I really just see BA iems as iems for stage musicians where the extra isolation is going to be a higher priority than the sound. (and where technicalities most likely are prioritized over timbre.)

1 Like

Fair enough, I suppose I’d need to have a hybrid iem at the same level as the grace to really compare the differences, but from what I’ve listened to so far I’m definitely very happy with them.

Well…at that price I definitely hope it sounds good lol.

My experience with BA iems only go up to the 300 usd range.

Yeah I got them for less than half that used :sweat_smile: they definitely hold their own against my headphones that are in a similar price range

If you like them then thats good. :+1:

Random question: anyone know where to buy Sony xba-n3 in the U.S.? Are they discontinued? If they have to be imported from Japan, anyone know a reliable website/seller that ships internationally?

1 Like

Acessoryjack for me and Riku. If you check there it should be 280$ and I recc the faster shipping as it took 18ish days for me so just depends on your need.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply. I think you guys got the last two, looks like they’re sold out

rip

Indeed it looks to be gone now.

Guess your only choice is to get it from ebay/amazon.japan (most likely used units only).

2 Likes

Well…

The XBA-N1 is still there. :joy:

No idea on how it sounds though…

1 Like

I ended up finding one on Amazon warehouse for super cheap, but it was listed as having “significant cosmetic damage.” Pulled the trigger anyways lol, hopefully it’s usable

You are backed up by amazon, so risk is pretty low to you. If it works then congratz, the N3 is going to be gone forever soon and used units will skyrocket in price. (unless Sony releases a successor or something :thinking: )

1 Like

Damn!

The N1 is definitely a basshead set.

Looks kinda similar to the A2 (which isnt a big surprise since the N1 is the upgrade to the A2 and the A3).

1 Like

I love my recently bought FH3 but… I feel they are slightly lacking in subbass. I find that especially in A.R. Riehmann Mumbai theme song where I can hear it a bit, bit it’s lacking and definitely can’t feel it.
Is there something with more subbass performance?

your source?
from my btr5 there is a less subbass rumble,
from nx4dsd opens up the sound and noticable subbass rumble,

Ok, that might be the cause. At the moment, I listen from headphone output on laptop since I borrowed ODAC+O2 to a friend of mine. But I also have Hidizs S9 en route

Saw the N3AP new and sealed at my local sony store the other day. I can even get them ordered if I want to if it’s ever out of stock so I guess they’re sticking around for a while longer or maybe because I’m from Malaysia and they are manufactured over here from where I’m at.

Out of topic but in the same conversation, I asked the sony staff if I can order a ZX300 and they say they couldn’t bring them in anymore. I asked them why and they couldn’t give me an answer, but for the N3AP, they’ll be sticking around. So a heads up for those who are looking for a ZX300 may need to go hunt for one within this next few months. They’ll be focusing on the ZX507 from here on out.

Saw this one as well which I have no knowledge about so I just took a pic of it.

1 Like

To the ones who have tried or own the ARIAs right now, how are they?

Anyone got the Reecho SG-03 incoming?..really liked the Reecho and Peacock Spring 1 :+1:

2 Likes

300ap is a 3 sony BA iem. Graph looked intimidating, but id like to see what they can do sometime. They are harder to come by from what I can tell.