IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Lol ya, any pair of iems of late would surpass the SE 215.
Thank you for the inputs !

I was actually curious and looking around at the sound charts.
It was pretty difficult to find DM8’s chart, but kudos to ‘Super Review’, thankfully he reviewed DM8.

Overall, I have to be mindful that number of drivers, driver types and driver combination matter alot too.

I was doing a bit of research. Seems that there is a significant difference in sub-bass levels for the DM8 vs B2D, against the SE215.
So my worry is that I may not get use to the sound signatures from the DM8 as compared to B2D.

Comparison B2D and DM8 (from Super Review)

Comparison B2D and SE215 (from Banbeucmas)

Some reasons why I am conflicted…
First off, is that I am unable to test both units.
DM8 being available locally, but not the B2D.

Second, in the event of any issues with the B2D, although SZA offers international warranty, I would still have to deal with shipping/return costs and the hassle.

How is the after sales / warranty service provided by SZA?

I honestly recommend that you try out the budget range first. The KZ DQ6, Blon BL-03, Final Audio E3000, HZ heart mirror are some reputable sets.

i will check those out! thank you~

@Terc Just be warned that if you are getting anything from bgvp make sure you have warrently. Their QC is quite poor and no amount of good sound will save a physically broken iem.

Thanks mate. Appreciate the heads up. I have also read some feedback from various sources that BGVP QC is kind of hit and miss. I might just go for an SA6 if I get a really good price, or a second hand Clair/Monarch.

Gonna head down to the showroom for a self-test. Most important the iem needs to produce a sound signature that pleases me.

This is a great IEM and would be an upgrade overall. I didn’t think it had a lot of sub-bass quantity, but for its price, the bass is quality imo. To me it sounds like a good neutral with a bit of a bump in the bass region. Just letting you know, it takes a while (like 1 month to 1.5 months from SZA to US) to get it from SZA depending on where you live unless if they switched to DHL since I last ordered the Dusk from them.

Very interesting manufacturer from Germany who makes individual in-ears out of wood that sound very good.

I think similarities with ZMF are intentional, since the owner of the “zeitgeist sales” here in Germany is Zach’s ZMF sales partner in Germany.

https://headphone.shop/zeitgeist-in-ears/

5 Likes

thank you for your input. unfortunately, I have no way of getting a demo unit for B2dusk. Else I would be very much compelled to get it. And that lead time… what else can I say haha

1 Like

Those look real nice, can’t find reviews anywhere :sweat_smile:

Also they don’t seem to say the driver configuration other than 2

They look amazing. A couple things would worry me; I see a lot of resin shells and haven’t spotted a fan yet (though I am known for bad eyesight), I see no reviews, this is the only link (on the first page of Google) that has them and I see €699 IEMs with no mension of the drivers inside. I have managed to Sherlock Holmes that there are “two superb drivers” and that there will be other configurations, but that’s not a whole lot to go off tbh.

1 Like

So my iems metal filter broke

I was cleaning it (or trying to because I don’t know how) and one of them became too mangled to stay in the tip… it always falls out

Right now I’m using cotton as an alternative but I’m nervous because balanced armature could easily break. And I dunno if I should just move to comply with their wax guard or buy new filters or just not care

This first model series has 2 Sonion BA drivers and of course has a ventilation hole.

Next week I will have one delivered to my home for a detailed test and exact technical data to give a few first impressions and photos.

It is just the beginning, several models are planned, including a multiple driver model with an additional dynamic driver later.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely be interested to see your thoughts on them, always like to see new stuff come up especially when they have something that sticks out about them. I really like the wood and resin shelled woods and waves model. I wonder if they’ll ever do CIEM variants.

I’d also be interested to see what the different driver models will be like, since I know a lot of people aren’t fans of BA only IEMs (myself not included).

Just tested sa6/est112/fa9/fh5s, gotta say love the sa6!
But bass is missing that ‘thump’. Reckon is those BA drivers.
Left to test the Oracle, hopefully it’s all the sa6 is with the ‘thump’.

Its going to be a long wait…

**fh5s holds up well compared to sa6, more than half the price!

1 Like

Just ordered it back then, not only because I heard good things about it for the price, I also bought it for the ear tips that the E1000 has. Final Audio E Type ear tips are freaking good.

1 Like

So the sultans are going back today and I’ve come to like them after about 10 days of listening. I still don’t like the $3k MSRP but this price is much more attractive based upon their performance.

I’d really like to try these next but unfortunately no tours are available:

The strange thing with the Fourte Noirs is reviews are all over the map with them. Some people love them and some hated them… I think that at a certain price point people expect neutral tuning and large deviations of that tend to be scorned a bit. Also I’m slightly confused on the differences between the Fourte and Fourte Noir and which one is the preferred one to own.

I own a Noir and have it for sale. I will be willing to match that price for a forum member and mine is in much better condition.
If anyone has any questions regarding the Noir and my feedback on it, feel free to reach out.

1 Like

Yeah! It felt like a steal and with the tips having some good praise from it, It’s hard to pass up the chance.

1 Like

I would love to know what everyone generally thinks about running MMCX IEMs balanced (4.4mm) plus keeping an adapter handy for those times when SE 3.5mm is called for OR just running them SE 3.5mm from the start for maximum compatibility.

With MMCX, it’s just not practical nor desirable to swap cables frequently.

I got most of my headgears in 4.4mm or 2.5mm and I also got all sorts of adapters. I think this is better than buying a cable system that uses mini 4 pin xlr like the HAC.

1 Like