IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

It looks nicer than the original set now IMO.

4 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing your repaint.

I bought the Aria because of the reports of paint chipping on the Starfield, and have been very happy with them.

1 Like

Guys I am done with the painting process of my Starfields and this is actually my first time spraying an IEM like this. I must say it will take some time for me to get used to the Starfields looking like this but at least itā€™s not going to get rust without the paint back then.

5 Likes

I like it, indeed. And its unique. That tips are ugly tho :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Preferred the ghetto look tbh.

2 Likes

The tips I am using for my Starfields would be the Final E Types but with a different color and that would be the one with the Pink stem, since there were no available white tips for me to get back then.

Tbh I am having 2nd thoughts, like I could have gotten a Chrome color Blue instead. Also when this one had no coat of paint, there is an issue of rust on the IEM, and I donā€™t want to see rust, especially on my Starfields.

Then maybe a clear matt lacquer = Rust free ghetto for life :+1:

3 Likes

Or copper color, so you go full steam-punk style :metal:

At the end of the day, our preference donā€™t matter: what is important is YOUR liking of it.

1 Like

How did you ensure vents werenā€™t blocked by paint?

I didnā€™t blocked the vents with anything except for the nozzle, apparently it didnā€™t affected the sounds that I am hearing from my Starfields after the new coat of paint. Because that was one of my main concerns before painting this.

Oooohh, thatā€™s a good idea, I mean it does look like a Steampunk piece with my Starfieldā€™s original paint remove. Maybe if this coat of paint somehow breaks again, then I would probably do that.

Exactly, your starfield without Paint looked so much steampunk! I didnā€™t tell you at the time because I couldnā€™t remember the word :brain:

1 Like

Haha oh dearā€¦ 6 devices at onceā€¦ they will surely sound better after a dedicated burn-in device is done with them!

Just buy one of theseā€¦

That doesnā€™t have a compartment for lighter fluid. It connects 6 devices, but does it really burn them in?

You need a phone or a pc connected for it though. But otherwise it can do the same thing lol.

I think its burning something else :smirk:

1 Like

I have a thing like this one. I bought it a long time ago.I once tried to Plug it on my A/V amp. I heard the sound becoming utter crap just by plugging a second headset into the thing.

Yeah, the quality takes a hit. But ā€œburn inā€ doesnt care about that lol.