IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Something not related to the thread.

But what do you guys think of the Monoprice Liquid Gold Balanced Headphone Amplifier and DAC by Alex Cavalli? Is it any good?

@Rikudou_Goku @Resolution I’ve been keeping an eye on it for a long time, waiting for a good deal, as the regular price is really high.

Never seen it before lol.

And that price tag makes me go nope.

:joy:

(your iems arent that expensive are they? Not a smart move to get amps worth more than your transducers.)

2 Likes

Well, the regular price is $999.

Yeah I do have good collections of IEMs, and Headphones as well… Lol I am not only IEMs user .

And yes some of my IEMs are expensive, and I also have a few of budget IEMs too.

If you wanna splurge on a portable dac/amp that is good with IEMs, I’d go IFI IDSD Signature

Not really for a show. For portable use I have iFi Micro iDSD Black Label, and Hip dac, XD05 Bal (had XD-05 Basic) as well.

I wouldnt get more amps when you are already set on that front.

Although the new Topping L50 looks pretty good, finally an alternative for eu people instead of Schiit/jds with the scam import fees…

2 Likes

You’re more than set :wink: If I get something else, like Riku said, it’s a desktop amp/dac. But IEMs first :slight_smile:

Don’t you already have a Topping A90/D90 combo? I don’t think that Monoprice Liquid Gold Balanced Headphone Amplifier is an upgrade at all. If you want a different type of sound maybe try:

I wouldnt drop that much money on tube amps at first, since it can very well not be up to their taste.

I personally dont like them and will stay away from them. Especially since they have so much noise and hiss on iems…

1 Like

I deleted the post, srry.

Is this the thread where you can get advise?

Yup, I do have them.

The A90 is very neutral and balanced sound.

I just want something different like warm, or tube-like. I am not looking for an upgrade here. I am just looking for a different flavor :hugs:

I will assume so.

I want to buy a pair of IEM’s under $10 and i don’t have much choises.

I was looking at 1more Stylish ( E1025) or 1more Piston Fit ( E1009).
I can’t buy KZ’s.

This is intro to tube sound, maybe try this instead.

What i posted earlier is like the Topping A90/D90 for tubes. This intro is like the Topping E30 series. Sorry i’m bad at explaining.

1 Like

The 1+ is the entry model.

Although most people will advice you to tube roll, because the stock tube isnt good.

You dont have a lot of options then. Moondrop Quarks is one option.

1More´s iems arent really good it seems.

Have you considered earbuds like Yincrow X6? Would be better to go buds til 20$ imo

Yes, if isolation isnt something you need, earbuds is a lot better at that price range. (sub 20 usd, buds dominate iems.)

1 Like

Sure, i am open to suggestions.

1 Like

What’s your prefered sound signature? I’d advise probably Yincrow X6, but @Rikudou_Goku is the master of buds.

Yincrow X6 (if you listen to bass heavy music)
Faaeal Iris 2.0 (if you want something more balanced)

Yincrow’s are hard to get hands on unless you get it from amazon, im not from US so that’s why.