IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I got all my buds from Aliexpress, never amazon.

(I think Iris 2.0 is 20 bucks, not 10)

I mean, i donā€™t like the shape of them, thatā€™s why i didnā€™t go for Edifierā€™s.

And iā€™ve seen some good reviewā€™s on some of them, idk if i am allowed to send links.

I donā€™t want to use Amazon or Aliexpress because it costs like double to triple if i order the buds alone (shipping cost is high).

You are thinking about their snow lotus lineup.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002356733068.html

Edifier arent good from what I have heard.

1 Like

Then sorry, I canā€™t help you. Not sure how else you can get themā€¦

Iā€™d say, for IEMs, try to find original Sony MH755/MH750 if you can. MD Quarks would be the best bet. If you can stretch to 20 Iā€™d get Tanchjim Tanya.

For under 10, all I can think of is Yincrow X6. You can also check VE Monk Plus, altho I only liked the SPC versionā€¦ But you arenā€™t with much choice left.

The MH755 was also a go to, but i canā€™t find where to buy so i lost intrest in them.

And from what iā€™ve heard 1more is actually ok with IEMā€™s, thatā€™s why i was going with E1025 and E1009.

But canā€™t lie if i didnā€™t owned any.

You can buy them with Sony Bluetooth dongles. It is more expensive, but at least it can reveal useful

Cheapest one is the Sony SBH24.

Thank youā€¦

I am not really into tube rollingā€¦ The good tubes are not cheap. I have been there with the Darkvoice.

Plus the heat from these tubes make me :woozy_face:

I am more into solid state amps.

@kamikaze4fun I have had Moondrop Quarks before, itā€™s probably your best choice.

Speaking of buds, @Rikudou_Goku I have managed to convince my friends to buy LBBSā€¦ 4 pairs ordered :joy:

1 Like

If you want flavor, you should look at Dethonray Honey H1. Really warm, lush and un-clinical while retaining technicalities and detail. Punchy af too. Pitch black background with even most sensitive IEMs, 0 hiss. Itā€™s perfect for IEMs and very capable with almost all headphones.

1 Like

Thank you!

Yeah, Iā€™ve been looking at the H1 for quite some time. it has mixed reviews due to QC issues.
Those QC issues are the things holding me back.

1 Like

Erm what site do you use then, Aliexpress is where you can buy most chifi products there.

I was interested in this until I heard that it is not a good pairing for my FOCAL Clear MG Pro.

Iā€™m actually eyeing this as my next ampā€¦

Especially for my modded HE6se which Iā€™ve fallen in love with.

I donā€™t think Iā€™d be looking at either the Monoprice or the Burson for IEMs though. Your A90 is bad ass IMHO. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh okay, well I did it anywayā€¦ Lol couldnā€™t wait

tenor (1)

Yeah Burson was also one of the options, but $600 is kinda good deal for me.

Thank you for responding!

4 Likes

For over ears, Iā€™ve heard great things about the Monoprice, but keep that A90 for your IEMs!

1 Like

Yeah, for sureā€¦ I love my A90.

I have the A90 for about a year now, but you know sometimes you want something more fun and enjoyable to listen to.

Nah, not for IEMs that will be an overkill for themā€¦
Any clean dongles, or portable Amp/Dac, and DAP will do the job IMO.

I need the amplifier for my full size headphones.
Hifiman ARYA, Sennheiser HD 800s, Audeze LCD-X

Thank you for the advice Resolution

2 Likes