IEM discussion thread (Part 2)

Hmm, hard to say; I never had the SA6 mkII but I did have the SA6 Ultra, and I always found the treble to be well-extended but inoffensive.

Yep, I figure early to mid March will be fun. That also coincides with my wife is going to be visiting family out of state, so I will get some extra listening time.

2 Likes

I own the Hype 2 myself and really enjoy it, big bass but also a little laid back, with good technicalities. I find that I’m just a little treble sensitive too and that set works well for me. I have big hopes for the Doscinco, and I don’t think I will ever buy another IEM that doesn’t have the so called ‘Isoberic DD’. I know, kinda silly but it really hits the spot for me with what I like to listen to.

2 Likes

@Ohmboy how does a Offiical Ziigaat Doscinco thread get going??? Thanks man🤙

1 Like

First time I ordered the Form, the seller refunded my money after three weeks. I ordered again from another shop and got them in a standard ALiX aeon.

1 Like

All done buddy :+1:

9 Likes

Can always count on you! Very much appreciated.

3 Likes

Someone here bought the CCA Trio? People is talking good about them…

All due respect to KZ and CCA, it just looks like yet another one of their ‘demo tunings’ they literally copy and paste on to 4 other sets, releasing them 1 by 1 every week… I can’t think of another brand that bores me more than KZ.

The Castor has such a similar tuning profile it’s insane.

10 Likes

5 Likes

I like CCA but I’m too biased against KZ to buy their stuff

I forever owe em though since experiencing the sibilant fist of the PR2 forced me to try and understand frequency graphs

I still don’t fully but you get the gist lol

3 Likes

ehm, you do know that CCA IS KZ?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I meant lol, that I like what CCA’s been doing but knowing they’re basically just KZ in disguise is why I don’t buy anything from both

edit: scared me for a second, thought you were gonna tell me they weren’t related lol

2 Likes

This is me. I feel I’d be too biased to give a fair review or even like them. Life is short don’t buy kz or any iem you might be biased against.

5 Likes

okay sir. Regards

Agreed, but the Castor might be the best turned budget set right now. I only got the Castor bass because @ToneDeafMonk said so many good things, and at that price the risk was low. The Trio is closer to $40, not $16.

3 Likes

It’s too late for me to be nice to them but saying that makes me feel like jerk

All I got was sibilance hell on Arctic Monkey’s That’s where you’re wrong though so I got a good reminder

For a good while I was really like “this is dark to people?” I can’t even turn it up high for certain songs man I thought my ears were broken lol

1 Like

That’s a great point, I’ll admit it. The trio is also rocking 3 DDs rather than the single (?) DD in the Castor so there’s some value there I suppose. I have not and most likely will not get my ears on either, so for all I know they’re both great IEMs, but I just can’t bring my self to support KZ after all the BS…

3 Likes

The 5 khz dip still baffles me on Meteor. It makes the whole timbre just darkish… I don’t know any other IEM with that hole in the presence region :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

I so get that one. I hadn’t bought one since Crin’s KZ set, until the PR2. I love my PR2, but they stealth retuned it, so I can’t recommend it now, which is annoying.

The only 3DD I have is the Artti R1, which I love, and it is probably my favorite under $100 right now. That said I think the Beryllium coated driver is the real winner on that set. I am far from alone in noticing a high correlation between good base and beryllium for the low end.

3 Likes