IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Cheapest is from the Tanya.

Or just get the 500 mesh as they are close enough.

2 Likes

Man I will be reaching out to you shortly for some of the filters/foam etc. You use for modding. I am about to dive in some more I think since I am looking for cheap ways to stay involved with the hobby etc.

join my discord server for all the links.

1 Like

Done! Will check it later when i have the time to look itnover and buy items etc. You rock! :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Hey guys, I wanna ask. I’ve been looking into the Tanchjim Hana 2021 again and it looks like right up my alley.

I have been thinking on keeping my mele as a backup and buy a new IEM for my daily office use.

I’ll also only be using this strictly on my Sony NW-A55 and my laptop.

I did try the Kato the other day and while I like, I find the Hana 2021 being slightly cheaper nowadays. ($25 cheaper than the Kato).

If there are other recs, do let me know! And if the Hana 2021 is good enough, I’ll go get it!

Depends on your library, but here’s what I rec’d someone from another thread: Best IEM 230 dollar timeless vs etymotic er4xr vs moondrop kato - #12 by VIVIDICI_111

Overall, I prefer the Hana more due to the heavier note-weight and better bass.

1 Like

Hana 2021 seems more right up my alley. I mainly listen to kpop and occasional Jazz and Orchestra. I did like the Kato but since the Hana 2021 is not far off and it’s cheaper, I may get that instead

I also felt and hold the Kato the other day, it sure is slightly weight-y.

2 Likes

Well, if you don’t need the extra bass from the Hana, then the Olina would probably be better for your library, and it’s cheaper :+1:

Am I completely mistaken/delusional (quite possible these days!), or do I recall some fine person on this forum recommending a 150 filter on top of the stock Olina nozzle, plus another 150 on the vent?

(If so, apologies to said fine person for not remembering and giving credit. If not, then yeah, I’m dreaming.)

I don’t listen to IEMs that much these days, but when I do, it’s the Olina with this combination.

Olina SE about to drop, could be another option :thinking:

1 Like

Didnt you already have the Airship?

Seems very redundant to get the Hana 2021.

1 Like

No? I’ve been mele-ing for office use for the longest time. FD5 for outdoor walks and Variations for home and cafe/audio shop DAP demos. Those are all I’ve got.

1 Like

oh sorry, was thinking of @K4sh1ma. :joy:

But yeah, sounds like you wont have much redundancy then.

1 Like

So we’re alike now or something @K4sh1ma ? :rofl:

I may opt for something cheaper like the Olina or even the Aria at this rate to save a bit more cash but I definitely know my A55 hates bright IEMs. The FD5 was unbearable with it and the Shanling M3X helps a bunch to reduce the “bright-ness” of the FD5 somehow.

Switch that out with the Titan S.

Will look it up! Thanks!

1 Like

I mean it could be, depends on the library you’re listening to. You would be surprised there are other people from different places with different cultures that coincidentally have the same interests as you.

1 Like

Isn’t the Titan S bright and lacks bass? Dunno if that would be good for kpop and the A55 :joy:

@Kalnet Don’t get the Aria. It’s meh and overhyped. Olina is way better. Do the double filter mod and you’re good to go :+1: Really good for pop and orchestral

No, but I dont think any of the ones tuned like that would work

Yeah, it is bright-neutral to me.

1 Like

Mine, too!