IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

@nymz What is it :thinking:

5 Likes

The flagship, I’m guessing. Announced with a prototype @ canjam. From memory, 1dd+11ba or something like that.

Price will also be flagship :joy:

2 Likes

Something I’ve always wondered, with how EST drivers work (basically they hold a charge, which they lose over time), will we start seeing most EST sets develop massive channel imbalances years down the line? :thinking:

1 Like

To my ears, most BAs sound better than ESTs. ECTs also have a shorter life, it’s all about tuning.

Bat ears… hmm…

The Dunu Talos puts many of the IEMs under $300 I have heard to shame in terms of both tuning and technicalities. I do think the optional BAs are limited to niche applications, and I would love to see a streamlined, planar-magnetic-only version of the Talos for a modestly reduced price. Even so, the Talos is easily worth its retail price and is a no-brainer purchase on sale.

My full review is available here on HiFiGuides and on my blog.

4 Likes

Ok, so I’m trying to drag another friend into the IEM rabbit hole, and I’m just curious what’s everyone’s take on the most technical (detail/separation/imaging) IEM at around $300-350 currently? (no tuning or library preferences). Blessing 2 Dusk/Tea2?

1 Like

Last day on this one if you need an indestructible carry case?..

In stock anyone want to take a punt?..

1 Like

That’s an expensive punt! I have to admit that I’m intrigued though. However, after a very expensive 4 months that included revamping my whole high end over ear rig along with many smaller purchases I’ve gotta take a pass on this one for now.

Honestly though, I’m very happy with my collections ATM and, aside from being curious about various sets, I am very content to sit back and enjoy what I’ve put together. That’s saying something for me.

1 Like
2 Likes

Anybody got their mega5p…is it close to tea2? or upcoming aful performer5 would be better?

The mega5p sale came too late for me so I want able to grab a set.
And after akros’ review on the performer5, I’m definitely in the same boat as you, (trying to) patiently waiting on other feedbacks and comparisons.

Timeless
10 char

1 Like

Def. Blessing 2/Dusk.

I do think Dusk is the better pick out of the two as it adresses some of the problems the Original shows.

Personal bias aside, you are hard pressed to find a better iem at that price range that beats it on those three fields.

2 Likes

You should join into Truthear Hexa. MRS and HBB reviewed it recently

1 Like

Ya, heard good things about it. Apparently a B2 at $80. A/B comparison would be cool.

1 Like

MRS does a comparison in his video:

2 Likes

B2, Timeless, and Etymotic ER4SR/ER4XR are the three most technical IEMs I have heard in that price range. The reason I didn’t pick one is because each one has some technical strength I think it’s better than the other two at so I don’t think there’s necessarily a clear winner for most technical between the three.

1 Like

My 11.11 package arrived today:

Listening to the zero, I’m pleasantly surprised: its reputation isn’t usurpated. It is from memory, but I find it way better than the Chu (be it fit or sound balance). And that’s with default tips!!
Loving the voice of Vincent Price in Thriller :heart_eyes:

8 Likes