IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

Bruh. I hate Chi-fi sometimes, but thank god for Chi-fi :joy:

4 Likes

For every overdone or garbage piece of Chi-fi, we get something like EA500 which would’ve been Oxygen priced 2-3 years ago.

So yeah, they giveth and they taketh away lol

6 Likes

Wish they would’ve gave more and took less :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’m too poor for them to give too much more though :slight_smile:

FIIO FD11

First evening with FD11 also my first ever FIIO, not a technical marvel but a very pleasant and fun sound. Just wanted to warn in on the fit, another one on head-fi asked if more than him had problems with getting good seal.

They are not the easiest to get a good seal with, and when its lost the sound is thin without almost no low end. Tried between 10-15 different tips and only 2 types worked good for me, JVC Spiral Dot and Moondrop Sprintips(both are soft and big that help). I believe it is a mix of the shell and nozzle angle/length giving problems, to bad as its quite small and ergonomic otherwise.

Also the circular insert for cable is 2 pin and makes most after market cables not fit perfect. The long pin flat style works.

3 Likes

The Truthear Zero: Red solves most of my quibbles with the original Zero. Like its predecessor, it is an unqualified recommendation at its asking price. However, the IEM market has continued to progress in the year since the original Zero was released, and the Zero: Red is less revolutionary now than it might have been if released earlier. I cannot help but wish we had received this version of the Zero in lieu of the original.

My full review is up in my HiFiGuides thread and on my blog.

5 Likes

Timmy’s coming through clutch with the P8 graph, hot off the griddle:

If this is at or under $400…:face_with_monocle::upside_down_face::thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

It that is the price rumors that would be my next one 100%

On route.
Better make thread now!

4 Likes

They took the diaphragm they developed for their UPCOMING FLAGSHIP MODEL and put it into EW200.

They’re going to come with something above EA2000?

Oh you dirty fucking bitches!

4 Likes

Intuition tells me I’d enjoy them more with a higher bass shelf/bump relative to how high it gets later on… but it’s not like that’s been a problem with the EA500 so I doubt it would be here.

4 Likes

By the looks of it a bass bump of 1.5db and a upper Mids reduction of the same amout should make the EW200 a more balanced version.

Excited to hear the new driver and how it keeps the house Simgot sound signature.

1 Like

What was the rumored price under $150 I think?

I think Simgot could easily get $120-$160 :thinking:

EW200 is their $35 set

I dunno what the plan for a new flagship would be

2 Likes

Seriously ok wow. I didn’t hear about the pricing thats crazy. I thought the EW100 was good.

Ok then save some money for a flagship.

1 Like

The highlighted word means “Zhenlong” which is the Chinese name for the Maze set. So according to this article it will be 199 yuan like the original EW200?

If so that is nuts. Loving this company more every week.

3 Likes

After a long long time of wanting and waiting, I’ve finally gotten the opportunity to acquire one of the infinity stones of vocal/mid centric sets on my “try before I die” list; the OG Mangird Tea.

Thank you to @MMag05 for the amazing deal and further more, where’s the CEO because I need my damn cookie :cookie: :smirk: I told you I would get it eventually, @nymz !

15 Likes

Damn, he came running!!!

2 Likes

You dont need a :cookie: , you were already in the cult, so take the whole package :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

I hereby approve this. Especially because I just got that cable for my Mest Mk2 :call_me_hand:

Best,

nymz
The CEO and Scouts’ Cookies Thief

3 Likes

Damn that cable looks nice with the shell.

5 Likes