IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I don’t know what you mean with those words (I must admit that english is not my language). Maybe BUTFAST is ridicolous as name? What it means? Explain better please. Btw checking the prices of those cables at least I see that they are not much dishonest as PENON and their professional shillers!!

Read the Mr. moose “review” :clown_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the laugh :smiley:

Maybe he was also a little baked

4 Likes

Performer 8 :fire::fire::hot_face:

11 Likes

It doesn’t have a meaning as such but it does sound like a personal skill/severe medical problem you could encounter from either being an ancient Greek philosopher or from eating far too much spicy food :hot_pepper:

The choice is yours… :man_shrugging:

I am not sure that helped at all… SORRY

2 Likes

Apologies for the double posting…
I didn’t want to write about both arse and food in the same breath

ANYWAY

Congratulations on that food analogy find that is some top notch audiophile BS :+1::+1::+1::clap::clap::clap:

@GooberBM you have so much to learn about food comparisons here / why haven’t I seen your descriptions about “doughy pliable easygoingness”…

Game face for next review

3 Likes

I usually prefer reference-tuned IEMs, but the HiBy Zeta’s stellar bass performance and excellent build quality have won me over. I can confidently recommend the Zeta to anyone looking for an endgame IEM with a V-shaped sound profile.

My full review is available in my HiFiGuides thread and on my blog.

2 Likes

Is this the stock cable?

Good evening, or morning, depending on where you are - I need some headphone assistance if possible from you gents.

I know this is the IEM thread, but I’m more comfortable here asking since I know all of you and hang out here for the most part, if this isn’t allowed, may @Ohmboy strike me down with great vengeance!

I’m looking for a full-sized pair of cans for my wife, and I can’t seem to come up with a suggestion on my own and truthfully, I don’t really have the best knowledge database for full-sized cans. Here are the requirements;

• I’m willing to spend up to $250 (Open to new or used)
  • The sound sig. I believe she enjoys is something warm-ish, but mostly bright leaning with loads of detail and great res (respective of the price of course- I know this is somewhat opposite of one another, but maybe something V-shaped would be to her liking) She’s going to be listening to mostly pop, Latin pop, some rock I would assume, and podcasts. She says the bass on the Sundaras is more than sufficient to give you a reference
  • She enjoys the Sundaras, she likes how open the stage is but here’s the kicker…
  • it has to be closed back
  • lightweight
  • AND… they have to look ‘cute’ according to her :sweat_smile: Don’t worry too much about this point because, truthfully, I’m not sure what she considers as cute.
  • they also have to be somewhat reasonable to drive as she’ll be using just an apple dongle

That’s it, if I left anything out, please let me know. Honestly, any help with be greatly appreciated. Thank you, boys.

5 Likes

Yes, it is the stock cable!

1 Like

DT 700 Pro X - for loads of detail and great res [not warm sounding though, don’t know if Apple dongle will drive it well]
99 Neo - WARM sounding, better looking (IMO) & easier to drive [average but good enough technicalities]

These are the only 2 good Closed-Back Headphones that come to my mind under 250 USD.

2 Likes

The 99s are definitely on my radar and if I can find them on the 2nd hand, that would be even better.

Thanks for your contribution, man! :handshake:

What’s wrong with the cans your wife has now? Can’t say I can complain about 'em.

HI-OOOOOOH!

left-hanging

That’s gonna be a no from me, dog

3 Likes

No problem buddy but you’ll get a better response if you post in the HP section or just get her the Sivga SV021 :+1:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CGNG6WP?maas=maas_adg_15CE96059E8112B1626C8521ACC0D65D_afap_abs&linkCode=sl1&tag=zeos-20&linkId=4b27815565c0540b9d985bdfef948139&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

3 Likes

Will the EA500 become a venerated legend within the next 5 years?! Mine only cost £50 and most likely best price to performance item I have purchased (PR2 for £28 is also incredible)

4 Likes

Hey chap - probably not the most known headphone here but the Aiaiai TM2 may be a good fit.

Closed back, 32ohm impedance, super light, a little V shaped, where you can customise the drivers, wireless module (wifi and Bluetooth), pretty much everything on the headphone so it is all modular, upgradeable and repairable. They do a trade in also, and have very good customer sevice. You are around their new price with your budget.

They are heavily used in the DJ/Studio monitoring world for smaller artist use - focus on Electronic & Pop/R&B market. Very popular with girls in that space also. Cool kid use has been pretty high.

You can see them in use here across a load of videos this studio makes

Personally I would say these are equivalent SQ level wise to the Sivga @Ohmboy recommeded with the additional cost going to the features, branding, design.

5 Likes

If @domq422’s wife is anything like mine then it’ll come down what looks the best to her :man_shrugging::smile:

2 Likes

Who in Europe is interested in unused

Tri Clarion: Size M
Spinfit W1: Size S+M
Spinfit CP145: Size M

I got different sizes for free but only keep my size and want to pass the other one for free aswell.

I would prefer one gets all of them and passes on what he does not need

update:
AAAAAAAND IT´S GONE

7 Likes

100% or if your impressionable like my GF - what her celebrity/influencer girl crush of the month uses hahaha

1 Like

Women cannot be pleased! Let them choose for themselves so that there are no scandals! May there be peace and love :laughing: .

giphy (1)

:joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes