Lets talk about your tips! ;)

What about their build quality and longevity?
Do they feel like breaking apart after 2 weeks or so?

For the foam tips? Quality is top notch. I’ve only had them for few days so can’t speak to longevity but maybe @JAnonymous5150 can chime in

They last as long or longer than any foam timp I have ever used. They last me significantly linger than some Comply models. Basically, I can vouch for them beining a quality tip.

You know I’m gonna say all this then the shop is gonnna go on strike and put out a shitty batch…:rofl:

4 Likes

Just got some ET100 tips from @ctjacks336 (thanks man!) and with the EA500 the seal is top notch. I feel vocals are brought very close and are smooth. Very early impressions are that I like this shape for my ear canals!

4 Likes

It’s definitely a unique shape,but works

1 Like
3 Likes

4 Likes

I finally got around to trying the ones that arrived over Memorial Day weekend… and I immediately went and bought more for this reason. :rofl:

I’m surprised at how little they affected treble compared to most foam tips I’ve tried.

Mine arrived in 12 days from ordering :eyes:

2 Likes

Picked up some of these bad boys to try out:

US $12.00 | Tangzu Tang Sancai Silicone Earphone Eartips 3Pairs for S/M/L Size Headphone Accessory Wired Headset Earbuds
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMG1NWM

The texture on the flange looks pretty interesting and they’re cheap!

It is getting warmer and my beloved Tri Clarion Tips are not as tacky anymore due to increased earsweat :grin:
They still seal very good but will get loose easily so if someone knows similar tips with such a big stage and overall clarity while being more sticky please let me know :star_struck::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Give them a soap and water bath they go right back to OG

3 Likes

have you tried TRN T-tips yet? They’re a good middle ground between clarions and the notoriously tackier tips. They’re a bit of a pain to get as you have to wait on aliexpress shippers, but cheap and they give a very secure seal to the point where I can use L tips on normal insertion sets and M tips on deeper sets.

Probably a slightly more “neutral” tip than Clarions but so much depends on how the tip and set go together to make a blanket statement.

2 Likes

I wipe them with alcohol regularly, it is not that they are greasy it’s more my ears that are getting oily when it’s warmer, but I will try soap aswell thanks for the input :slight_smile:

No I haven’t tried these yet but they do look a little like Spinfit W1 which seem to have the same semi wide bore while being pretty tacky.
I liked W1 when I do not compare them to Clarions… But everytime I do it again and come to the conclusion that Clarion beats all other tips easily…:see_no_evil:

As a note, some type of plastic dont do well with alcohol and could cause them to degrade. Normally you should use soap and warm water.

Thanks, will keep that in mind :slight_smile:

Any folks here use the dunu S&S tips? Any comparisons to other tips? I know they are slightly sticky like the Xlastecs but not sure on sound characteristics. Ie more open bore, more closed bore for tonal balance. Any staging or special audio effects if any etc.

To my ears they boost mid treble and mid bass quite a bit! They’re worth a shot. I like them on some of my shorter nozzle IEMs.

1 Like

I definitely notice the mid bass boost like @domq422 but they’re great for shorter nozzle sets that are annoying to find a good fit but you don’t want to use foams.

1 Like

agreed. They work really well on my OH10 and the OG timeless with their annoying fit.