IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

For sure your source chain < tip/fit… a THX Dac V’s Burr Brown…THX is a Hasselbald’s perfect picture of a Vincent van Gogh’s Starry Night…but if you’ve been lucky enough to see it first hand then it’s more than a picture, the pallet knife and brush strokes are deep, the colours and textures laid down tells as much as the final piece…some things can’t be bottled.

2 Likes

Uh oh spaghettios

1 Like

Yes sir - I have a feeling the THX amps have something about them, something a little special in their delivery of the sound.

I reckon I’m going to buy a K7 off Amazon to see if there’s a noticeable difference in sound quality to my stack at home - if not, a quick and easy return is in order but I just have to feed this curiosity. It’s almost overwhelming! But I will say - the stack was singing to me last night and this morning. Listened to music for about 5 hours collectively and it was highly enjoyable- the problem that I then have, is wondering “what does a better amp/DAC combo sound like?” And then the rabbit hole re-opens :sweat_smile: it’s never ending, really.

Edit: alright, fuck it - I ordered the K7.

5 Likes

Graphs aren’t everything, but that cut in the air frequencies cannot be denied, no? It could still be a very enjoyable set though, no doubt about it.

1 Like

Ya that’s a worry for sure - saying uh oh to myself because I bought it :joy:

1 Like

My hot take on Project RED ya’ll aren’t ready:

5 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be decent, no doubt it.

Baskingshark wrote some impressions below; he seems to be a fairly reputable source tbh

(I don’t know how to share a specific post from HeadFi :joy:)

2 Likes

yeah I trust him and known him for years now.

Click there and it refreshes the site and you get this to the specific post:

4 Likes

Good to know - he seems like a good dude. Thanks for the run down on the post #, but I was saying sharing the exact post, I was on mobile. It’s fairly easy with desktop

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Fool, you ain’t understanding what I’m saying :joy:

I’m saying when I want to share a specific post, not jump to one… maybe I’m misunderstanding - when I click on share using a mobile, it just allows me to “copy” but then when I paste, I get this;

Hit paste = Post in thread ‘The discovery thread!’

Not a link…. Dammit, Riku :sweat_smile:

1 Like

oh lol, I always just click on the post link specifically then copy paste that URL link.

2 Likes

giphy

But can you speak more slowly next time that we from Eastern Europe have to rewind the clip several times :laughing: :beers:

2 Likes

Gotcha :+1:

3 Likes
2 Likes

New Aroma iem. 2DD + 10BA. The price is unknown. However it is only for rich people I suppose :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent post from baskingshark:

3 Likes

Question for the people who have listened to planars: which ones come off sounding DD-like for y’all?

4 Likes

P-A-N-D-A, baby

:panda_face:

6 Likes

Old men have their treble hearing freaking fall off a cliff! :flushed:

2 Likes