IEMs are ruining my headphone experience

Pretty much sums up my take take on iem’s and more specifically the Andros…

1 Like

Just back to backed a set of Final 4000’s v’s my Senn 660s’s and yes the £120 iem’s has them on the ropes in pretty much every way…convince me otherwise? lol

1 Like

Exactly my point. I love my headphones, but for so many categories, headphones can’t compete with IEMs. Headphones have their advantages, like not having something stuck in your ear, but the sound quality vs headphones is undeniable.

2 Likes

IEM technological advancement is amazing at the moment, driven by ChiFi imo. It feels like headphones producers are dinosaurs in comparison.

3 Likes

I know I’m very late but if you want to try what I consider to be a great cheap IEM, try the Tin P1. It is a single 10mm planar that has a mid forward and very detailed sound. Also if you take over the front port hole the bass is flat right down to 20Hz. The transients (attack and decay) are very fast whuch helps with the detail but can make the bass less impactful. It may not be for everyone but I love it and I think you’ll especially like the detail.

1 Like

I’m listening to the Urbanfun right now. It has a beryllium single dynamic driver. Think Focal Utopia only with bass and for 69 bucks! I can’t recommend the Urbanfun enough! It’s a detail monster.

EDIT: The version I have appears to be sold out at Linsoul.

1 Like

After seeing how active this thread has been I decided to pick up a set of Starfields. They’ll be my gym jams and maybe the infection will spread who knows? That’s probably not a great analogy to use right now but I think you know what I mean.

4 Likes

Enjoy…It’ll be interesting to know what you think about them :+1:

1 Like

Just wondering how they stay in and how they last, sweat and all.

That all depends on the tips and the fit. I use wireless Apple Airpods while jogging.

Today (chest day) they stayed in just fine, they hurt a little after a while. Maybe I should use smaller tips.

They sound fine, unremarkable if I’m being honest. If they were cheaper I’d probably be more excited that they sound “good”, even though they aren’t expensive. They have reasonable extension on the low end and the highs get a little rough for me but I’m sensitive to that, maybe not their fault. The detail seems “ok” as well. I guess I’m just not that blown away.

I’m currently in the process of returning my he-35x because I couldn’t bring myself to want to use them instead of my starfield… on another I’m looking for an upgrade from my starfield (which are by far my favorite of all the headphones I’ve tried so far), any recs?

What is your budget, IEM’s can get crazy expensive at the top end.

What do you like or dislike about the Starfields? what types of music do mostly listen to?

As does most of this hobby lol.

1 Like

Around $150-$230, was looking at the ISN H40 and Penon orb so far

I love how dynamic and full they sound without being harsh sounding. I don’t like it when it sounds too tinny, harsh, muddy, muffled or far away. I love that the bass has nice impact and rumble while remaining fairly tight, quick and controlled.

Listening today to Cuban music with my H40. Pretty solid for the price.

3 Likes

I’m super close to just pulling the trigger on these. Doesn’t sound like there’s anything better in the price range

IKKO OH10’s might fit the bill too :+1:

Oh and the Mangrid Tea’s are getting a lot of love on here…

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/mangird-tea-6-ba-1dd/13031

1 Like

I have Etymotic ER4 SR IEMs that are way more accurate than any of my headphones and which offer tremendous sound quality for not that much in terms of price. However the fit isn’t for everyone.