🔷 iFi xDSD Gryphon

This is the official thread for the iFi xDSD Gryphon

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Point1 xSpace and Bass II
  • Point2: Bluetooth 5.1 (aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, HWA, AAC and SBC Codec)
  • Point3 Hybrid Burr-Brown DAC chipset

:red_circle: iFi Audio Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

5 Likes

Yay! Want want want. When can I click order?

1 Like

The only site I can find listing it…

So circa $700 :man_shrugging:

Well, my enthusiasm is dropping fast.

3 Likes

Don’t quote me buddy just what’s out there at the mo :+1:

1 Like

Yeah, I get it. But at only $50 less than the signature…. Tough sell. I would rather see BT added to the signature and see a price increase.

sigh

1 Like

It’s 599/599/599 all-around in US/UK//EU - Signature 749!

5 Likes

So, when can I get one? Preferably through amazon.

Sometime in the next month - I do not have a date yet.

1 Like

Is this cybersync volume matching also what is on the go blu?

Whatever the go blu is doing is causing the volume to jump around as I switch sources. Sometimes to deafening levels. It has made the go blu unusable for daily listening for me. It works great if I keep it glued to a single device. But I switch between two laptops and an iphone all day.

This is a deal breaker for me and would rule out the xdsd gryphon as well.

I do have some audio stuff in use on my laptops. I will check to see if I can try it disabled but no other dac/amps have had this issue.

Depending on your source devices this feature can be deactivated. Under android this is called “absolute volume” and can be deactivated either in the settings of the connected Bluetooth device or in the developer settings. Then your volume on your phone should be seperate from the one on the Go Blu.

1 Like

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there are no options around this on iPhone or Mac to control them. At least, they aren’t in bluetooth settings for the connected device and they aren’t anywhere in audio I can find on either device.

Wow this is great timing. Someone broke into my car and my xCAN, among other things, was stolen :cry: Hopefully this thing beats out the idsd micro BL, so I can stop carrying that brick everywhere. The price is a bit of a jump from the xDSD and xCAN, but I can’t wait for reviews!

It is not the same volume matching to my knowledge - I have not had this said problem on my personal unit that I have had for the past month and a half once and I think it would be the same for the rest of them. I switch between a laptop and an iPhone as well.

1 Like

I’m so sorry! I never leave my Gryphon in my car for long periods of particularly for that reason. Hope you get a chance to try it out soon!

1 Like

Thank you, we appreciate the compliments!

1 Like

———

Size comparison:

———

Cable:

———

Am I a ifi fanboy?

:wink: :100: :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Ugh, it’s not that much smaller than the signature.

How did you get it so fast?

definitely a fan boy :laughing:

Would love to hear some comparisons vs the Signature. If it sounds just as good as the Signature, I might sell mine and get the Gryphon.

I don’t have hard to drive Headphones nor do I plan to upgrade any time soon so I feel like the Sig’s extra power is wasted on my gear. It’s also chunky for on the go use.