🔷 iFi Zen CAN Signature 6XX

1 Like

Uhh… Is this… a non-drop version of the Zen CAN?

1 Like

Could it just be there new Zen amp/dac? So much Zen.

Yeah they said it wasn’t going to be a drop exclusive all the time, just initially or just for the 6xx version

FWIW SBAF measured the EQ for the 6XX mode on this and it’s a pretty Agressive Bass boost, and a spike in the upper mids to fill a hole.
The Bass boost in particular is way past neutral, so it’s a more mainstream tuning than an audiophile tuning, not that that is bad.

yay? idk. It’s available on amazon now.

2 Likes

That actually looks pretty nice ^^

I ended up getting the “non-signature” version. I should have it on Tuesday. I like the Zen DAC so it makes sense for me to get its matching pair.

1 Like

I went and bought one as well. This is my first stack so this will be interesting.

Courtesy of Resolve, we’ve got measurements of the bass boost and 3D (XSpace) mode.

Source: https://forum.headphones.com/t/ifi-zen-can-signature-6xx-amp/7407/13

6XX bass boost

XSpace

Interestingly, 6XX mode also adds a small boost to around 5-6k. Meanwhile, the 3D mode seems to just boost all the upper frequencies lol.

Now i just have to find that dumb 4.4 to 4.4 interconnect.

1 Like

I got this from Hart Audio Cables.

3 Likes

Ah, I actually ordered some Hart cables 2 weeks ago. Good to know.

Thinking on getting the Zen Can, but I wanted to know if there is a significant difference in going balanced input. Had you tried? Is the Zen DAC a good pairing?

Original title: @M0N, need you to get the new Drop / iFi Zen Gear

it’s price point puts it in competition with a lot of the other new entries and I know I’d love to get your take on their performance against these competitors.

I’m quite enamored with my plain jane Zen DAC so am very intrigued about the Drop exclusive and iFi refreshes.

I just don’t have a grand to buy all 4 and test them against each other. :frowning:

1st, this could have been a PM lol, 2nd, this could have also gone in the appropriate official thread if it had to be public, and 3rd @tting someone in the thread title doesn’t actually notify them. I’ll move this to the correct thread.

I may consider grabbing them but I really don’t want to start buying midrange gear again

4 Likes

Personally from the short time I had with it, yes balanced was a worthwhile improvement over the single ended

All I heard it on was the zen dac signature (not called that at the time) and it sounded good, but there are most likely other good pairings

says the guy who;'s already buying mid range gear…ie. Modius / Magnius and EarMen Donald… :wink:

edit - I also never saw this thread from before, so sorry.

I sold all of that lol, today I actually also sold the modius, magnius, and asgard 3 (well gave it to the new owner). I have the donald laying around as a backup lol

1 Like

so a few questions…

• only Drop has an actual Zen DAC that’s just a DAC?
  • is the implementation of the Burr Brown chip the same as what’s in the Zen DAC combo unit? if not, how is it different?
  • is the only difference between the iFi Zen CAN Signature 6xx and the iFi Zen CAN the EQ settings on the Drop exclusive for the HD6xx?

edit - nvm, just read that it uses premium components over the original.