I'm completely lost

Thanks man!

As I was saying…

Yeah, they’re a good and trustful brand. It’s just that reviewers recommend the GSP 500 and literally the entirety of people which I’ve spoken to on reddit, say that they are utterly useless and too expensive.

So, let me recap here. Currently you guys are suggesting that the game one are decent, the m40x’s are also pretty good but they require a mic and an optional ear pad and cable change, while all the other, more expensive headphones aren’t really worth it because they’re on the edge or out of my budget( DT990, DT770, DT880, AD500x,700x,900x) and work better with an amp.

I’d say it really depends on if you’re prioritizing gaming over music or vice versa. At the budget i think its hard to get one for both, mainly considering you like rap so I’d assume you want more bass oriented headphones?

Even the game ones I’d say will be great for gaming but I think they may be a little lacking for music depending on what you’re looking for.

When I mean rap I mean mainly bbno$ and some other romanian rapper, but it’s mainly stuff that Cloudkid uploads, which is like a mix of electronic and also some vocals. Some of my favourites are Two Feet, Dennis Lloyd, Benny Mane etc
But mainly I would like to use them for gaming. Worst case scenario, I will plug in my trusty Momentul 2 wireless and just enjoy the excellent sound which those headphones produce. But I would like to have one headphone for gaming/music, but more for gaming and the other one for listening mainly to music from my phone. But I want the gaming one to be fairly competent to play some decent beats

I would say that the senns would be pretty fair for both then. If not, and maybe most will not agree but I still think that the fidelio x2hr would be pretty solid. They’re a bit bass heavy for open back but I think it would suit your music needs well. For gaming, they mids and highs may be a little low for competitive but I’d say you can eq the that up or the bass down a tad for gaming. I’d rather eq headphones for gaming than for music if you know what I mean. They can also have a boom pro attached to them.

I think that the shp9500s would also be great for gaming at a very low budget if you can get past the looser clamp on them. The clamp on those is the only thing that bugs me on those in that price range.

Honestly I would say than any of these would outperform your momentum’s in music and I think that almost any headphone on the planet beats out 90 percent of “gaming headphones”. Most gaming headphones in my opinion are shitty mics tacked onto shitty drivers with flashy gamer lights or colors.

I think that sennheiser and hyperx are the few that don’t fall into that category though.

The problem about them is that I can only get them from AliExpress or Amazon. They’ve been discontinued and I am not looking forward on spending 70 euros on foreign sites.

Oh damn. Yeah they’re readily available here.

There are also those CoolerMaster ones. Do you know if they’re any good?

which ones ?

The shp9500. I haven’t heard any cooler masters. Apparently the 752s are pretty good from reviews but I wouldn’t know. The main problem is that most gaming headsets are awful for music. Whereas if you get any decent headphones for music, they can either match or outperform most gaming headsets in games. So I honestly would pick any headphones for music and use those for gaming personally.

Hyperx and senns will be decent enough for music though I think. An example is my arctis 7. Theyre very decent for gaming but any music in them is hot garbage. However, I can plug almost any of my 20 plus headphones in for gaming and they will match or beat out my arctis 7s.

Headphone manufactures will just always build or use better drivers than any gaming headset company. Which is why I feel if you want any gaming headset, I would pick senns.

And by that you mean the Game One’s, not the GSP 500, right ?

Yeah I would say so. But maybe the gamer aesthetic on the gsp500 is what’s throwing me off.

The 500 is more for games. Where the game one I think would be better for the game and music combo at least.

I don’t know about the aesthetic. It looks horrendous, I agree. But I care about the sound they make. I’ve seen more than enough enough reviews on youtube to convince me that they’re good, but when I make it to the dedicated audiophiles forums, everyone say’s they’re absolute crap.

All I know is I use the pc37x for most of my time with headphones since I’m primarily a gamer, and can’t rec them enough. They are also very lightweight. They also don’t suck for music.

1 Like