Japanese Music Thread

Thought this was pretty good

There’s some albums that currently are not on YT right now. I’ll see if I can upload them myself

Weebs.

Also:

First one is Noise Pop/J-Pop, second one is Hardcore Punk/Noise Rock, third one is Electro Pop :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I found this quartet more or less by accident and I was pleasantly surprised. Not my usual cup of coffee, but certainly enjoyable for a listen or two.

Very different from the previous one for sure. I’ve started listening to various vocaloid tracks again and I’m quite impressed with some of them. This has turned out to be a favorite of mine.

This is such a fantastic track and cover. Original composed by wowaka, who sadly passed away not too long ago.

Akatsuki Records and Stack. No other Words need to be said.

Another fantastic track.

This here is a cover version of the one above, it doesn’t sound as clean as the original, but by god it just resonates with me somehow. I couldn’t find this track for the longest time, I think the original upload was removed for some reason, or the channel that had it uploaded closed down. I’m just glad I found it again, becase I love listening to it.

Contrary to the actual title, this is certainly the type of music I love. I’ll let this be the final entry for now or this post will go on forever.

4 Likes

This is my spirit animal

2 Likes

Bonito generation is one of the most fun albums released recently.

3 Likes

Nice indie rock album
1 Like

Great 80s album

Great beat. Vocals are solid.

Bass line is good.

It’s a shame that YouTube videos of music are almost always sub-par quality.

It’s been awhile. Kind of forgot this forum existed :woozy_face:

It’s been awhile since I’ve found another band where I like majority of their songs. I became a fan of MRS. GREEN APPLE earlier this year -

Favourite release of 2020 so far is:

1 Like

Can’t have a thread without Tatsuro Yamashita

Also one of my all time favourites. If you really enjoy jazz this is for you

The whole album is pretty sweet

1 Like

Does anyone know where you can buy the akira sound track?

amazon has them for $15 physical

I dont have any physical players. I was hoping for a digital download

amazon has the digital downloads as well but are mp3

https://www.hdtracks.com/akira-original-soundtrack-album?___store=default&nosto=nosto-page-search1

2 Likes

Killer jazz song

2 Likes

not sure if Midori has been posted yet. Shinsekai is my favorite album by them. punk-noise-jazz-rock insanity

(second track is where it really kicks off)

and here they are playing live (i could’ve sworn there was a better quality version of this performance on youtube but i cant find it :frowning:)

2 Likes