JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

I declined as well lol.

NF Audio had some popularity some years ago, iirc it was the NM02 that was the popular one.

2 Likes

Westone IEM’s are mostly for monitoring (at least the ones I own) so flat and unexciting BUT very comfortable just like the Shures.

1 Like

Probably a pass lol

There’s already too much stuff to review once I get back… and more coming out

So who’s splurging this 6.16 lol what’s everyone planning to get?

3 Likes

Just some accessories: Getting my first nice cable for the aesthetics, the Simgot LC7.
Maybe a Tripowin Zonie too, and some Azla Sednaearfit eartips.

If anyone knows of some better cables for the price on Linsoul lemme know.

2 Likes

I like Zonie and have a few of them, strangely one of my other favorites is the cable is the one that comes on the Truthear Gate ( or Hola ), which can be found for about $20, with an OK IEM ( the Hola was :fire: , but seems to be discontinued now ).

2 Likes

Made a fun little vid heh:

For those wondering where the Supermix4/EM10/Pilgrim is check da comments :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Wait there’s an Oracle MK3??

Who buying lol

3 Likes

I’m thinking about buying one, depends on if we get a graph of it.

3 Likes

LETSHUOER S08:

10 Likes

I am really digging this set! Shocked to see it launching for $129

2 Likes

The S08 to me feels like the opposite of the Cadenza 4 - warm and darker leaning. Scales pretty good, needs to be listened at louder volumes imo, resolution is ok for the price, a pretty smooth listen, but the vocal timbre to me feels off (congested?) and the bass lacks the heaviness from sets like the Doscinco, but we’ll see how it does with more listening time heh

5 Likes

I agree with you there a 4db bass boost and a bit more shimmer would have been nice but at $129 going to put it at the top of the Planars for me.

Also needs break in the Surround thing does seem to loosen up and the S08 playing lower for me now.

Can I know what makes this better than the other planars to you? The T10, Klanar, P1 MAX 2 seem like the safer picks overall, and if we’re talking “special sauce” I’d argue the P20 is the better value there

Made a quick guide for 6.18 sales, let me know if I missed any big deals heh

7 Likes

Jay’s actually recommending us to buy instead of resisting the sale. You ok? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Not that I’m going to buy anything, but nothing interesting. As you might expect, especially from Linsoul :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Can’t stop you guys so I might as well help :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I was gonna say that this is likely the BEST deal on the whole site in terms of HARDWARE VALUE.

8 BA all Sonion and Knowles for 100 usd is crazy, especially when this is likely the oem version of the popular Fearless Audio S8 lineup many years ago.

(too bad it is sold out after one day lol but lucky for my wallet as I was feeling the temptation.)

6 Likes

Don’t worry I got you and now my LEC is stuck.

4 Likes