JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

hahahha looooooooooooooool

(are you the guy that bought it in my discord server?)

1 Like

No, not me. But I am sure many did. Steal deal if it went through.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess I was correct in my suspicions then.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I assume you will refund it? Cuz at that price it is way too much just to try out those drivers (graph is horrible) and you can get the Juzear 61T for that price.

1 Like

Yes I did request for a refund but Linsoul needs time to return my $100 LEC.

I don’t see 61T on Linsoul.

…hopefully you have it back before the sale ends?

oh right its on hifigo.

1 Like

ayo WHAT???

That’s actually crazy @StarBuccaneers let us know how it is LOL

2 Likes

It was a Linsoul price error apparently lol.

(and they refunded it.)

2 Likes

aw party pooper

5 Likes

Tbf, even at 100 usd it isnt a good pick for sound. The graph is horrible and is the standard from like 2019.

You need to do some heavy nozzle modding and/or PEQ I think.

I was just majorly interested in it cuz it was a damn cheap price to try out those sonion 38 series BA woofers. (which are mainly found on 500+ iems like the Dunu Sa6 lineup.)

1 Like

icic
the graph makes me feel a little better lol
What’s the main difference between the 38 and 20 series?

The ones here?

38 series uses acupass tech and is basically their flagship of (sub) woofers.

3 Likes

LETSHUOER S08 FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

—Smooth, warm, relaxing listen
—Scales very well with volume and I’d recommend listening to it at higher volumes
—Mid-bass over sub-bass with fast decay in the bass notes, aka not the slow/heavy reverb some are looking for
—Impact and slam is… good, not as heavy as the Dos but it’s enough for the vast majority of people
—Not a basshead set
—Tamer treble, not peaky and sharp, you can still hear it when called upon

—Vocal timbre is off, lots of information is missing in the middle and final extension of the notes, also leans on the warmer/huskier side, so with this combination female vocals sound a bit congested and not fully opened on the S08
—Male vocals sound fine for the most part, might be too husky/warm with deeper vocal tones
—Resolution and detail is a step down compared to other Planars around its price (not as good as T10, Klanar, S12, etc)

Overall, S08 leans on the niche side of things and it’s for those looking for something warm that leans on the relaxing side of things since you can listen to these for a long time without fatigue. Also great for those who find the 2-3K pinna gain to be too much and wants it tamed. Unless you’re on a strict budget, I’d honestly just save up and grab the Dos or Davinci.

9 Likes

Good first impressions , feeling the same top end is too muted , its a strange tuning. Not terrible but maybe one they tried to un planar too much.

Not sure if you noticed but the S08 really picks up and follows the source.

Warmer source sounds warmer and neutral source not at all. Sounded horrible with the Cayin N3Ultra on tube mode :confused:

3 Likes

… and if you are on a budget, wanting a laid-back tuning, Aful Explorer is a great pick.

6 Likes

I’m using Topping G5, it’s pretty neutral

@John_W_Clark yup the Explorer looks pretty good as well for this type of sound

3 Likes

You dont have it right?

1 Like

I’ll get to hear it soon :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice, curious about the S08 vs the Explorer.

3 Likes

Me too, me too man :thinking:

More variety is always welcomed :v:

3 Likes