JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Another one

Thoughts on the 61T? :thinking:

10 Likes

61T is impressive so far.

6 Likes

I’m sure they’re all impressive heh, any noticeable difference?

3 Likes

Juzear >>>> Davinci > Doscincos. DaVinci has odd bass, but is overall great, Doscinos has too much 8kish energy, it’s weird. Juzear is impressive af atm. But we 2 hours in.

7 Likes

Woah ok

Looking forward to this one :eyes:

4 Likes

Some have detected nasty BA timbre in 61T.

Probably due to 14kHz spike, same as in Pula 02.

Anything you can comment on?

5 Likes

I wish it weren’t so tacky looking :roll_eyes:
Reminds me of cheap jewelry sold at Chinese night markets. (Speaking as a Chinese person)

Wish it was just a mother of pearl design without all the other patterns on it :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

Ya that’s what I’m worried about. Seems like the case recently with most “custom BAs” like the Dos and the CKLVX

@Ljnu Too Shiny shiny :sparkles: lol

1 Like

Im curious about that…any other iem bass it is similar to?

It feels like it has too much mid bass and not enough sub bass. It graphs like Chopin. But in Chopin is sounds good like a feature. In Davinci is kinda hurts and it looses clarity. That’s what my impressions from listening and with Eq .

4 Likes

hmm, the dunu drivers tends to not do sub-bass that well (rolled off) although with pretty impressive mid-bass texture. So that graph is pretty different from their usual tuning.

4 Likes

I guess you can say that’s something we “dunu” about

:smiley:

I’ll see myself out :v:

Now I’m REALLY curious to compare all of them

8 Likes

Did anyone grab a NiceHCK F1 Pro for $23?

MoonHifi had them for $509 and they had the gull to issue a bullshit $406 dollar coupon mega lul but they got a taste of their bullshit by Ali themselves who are currently giving out a $80 dollar promo coupon which could be combined with the bogus coupon to get an F1 Pro for nothing.

They caught on and up’d the price to $559 1 day after I ordered a set :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I have to respectfully disagree. The Davinci have a shitload of subbass, more than subbass.
Remember that GIF of the guy having his head moving back and forth in front of the speaker? That’s what i feel like with the Davinci subbass.
Midbass on the other hand, was decent level only
The midbass shelf looks clean, but the bass kinda feel intrusive

2 Likes

The reason for the “odd” feeling in bass, was because although it looks clean on graph, it kinda clouds the vocal and some treble

1 Like

Yeah, I ended up posting about it and grabbed a pair myself before AliExpress picked up on it and I guess “corrected” the stores that were doing it. They did it with Xinhs too.

I was listening to DaVinci on the Element 3 boosted (ended up picking one up because I love JDS and they work well with my SJY Horizons) and I noticed that the DaVinci does -not- like the extra power.

When I was running DaVinci on the K11 (whether single ended or balanced), it had really good bass on there and sounded nice/warm. When I was running DaVinci on the Element 3, though, they either did not like the extra power or the Element 3 being clinical messed the sound.

The way the crossover is on the DaVinci, I believe it’s the 10mm DD for sub-bass and 8mm DD for mid-bass. I can’t delineate the difference when I’m on my K11. But when I was listening on the Element 3, the bass went super detailed but lost a lot of impact and fullness. I could tell the difference in the two drivers working on the bass and that was not what I expect to hear with the DaVinci.

3 Likes

That is so weird.

1 Like

There’s something odd going on but not in the sense where there’s more Mid-bass than Sub-bass. I could be wrong but to my ears the SB is more prevalent than the MB. There’s something going on in the tuning around 50hz to 100hz or not enough happening.

1 Like

Might not be a power thing as much an output impedance thing, depending on your gear

5 Likes