JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Be aware there are lots of fakes out there.

And the tunings on the MH755/750 can vary slightly depending on their batch versions.

The 100% safe method of getting a real MH755 is to buy one of their BT amp/dacs, like the SBH20.

Otherwise i remember hearing people say the Tangzu Changle is the successor to it.

3 Likes

Not sure who’s claiming that but nah the MH755 's a better version of Changle, feels smoother not as peaky, and more sub-bass powa:

I thought of including the chang le, but just felt too redundant and pointless since it’ll just rolled over by the mh755 lol

2 Likes

The MH750 is the better one to buy unless its for modding (mmcx mod) or use with a bluetooth dac/amp, since the cable on the MH750 is actually useable instead of the shorter cable on the 755, although the 750 cable is the uneven length type.

Oh and, the 61T made one final stand against me…just tried to measured it and I spent like 15 minutes trying to find out why my graphs turned out horrible…was just me having the wrong mic connected to the soundcard and also the wrong amp output on my switch… :joy:

4 Likes

Ya the cable is ASS bro :joy:

61T: Talk shit about me hun :fu::fu::fu:

3 Likes

Are new mest 3 for 1500$ is good deal as universal iems for every DAY?

Nah just get Mest 2 on sale they go for like $800-900 I think?

1 Like

In my contry mest 3 priced 2200$ and 2 is around 2000 :slight_smile: no sales :slight_smile:
I found an option for New mest 3 from another contry near to mine and mest 2 used around 1000$, thats the only options.

Grab the Mest 3 then if that’s the better deal :+1:

1 Like

Btw, how do you write your reviews? You using Microsoft Word or maybe Google docs?

I just found that Obsidian has MANY great tools that can help.

See this video

5 Likes

Pen and paper only

Gunna Fire GIF - Gunna Fire Writing - Discover & Share GIFs

ok but real talk all the tools are useless if your script sucks, I tried some before but they don’t help that much if at all, prioritizing writing skills/brainstorming is much better, I came up with a lot of my script/ideas while on walks with the notes app on my iphone so :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Notepad++ for life. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

You can use Obsidian for that, I also have it on my phone.

1 Like

I thought obsidian had gone to subscriptions, maybe that’s in the past or maybe a different similar iOS/macOS app. I might be thinking of Ulysses.

Edit: because it says free for personal use which is awesome

1 Like

You only need to pay a subscription if you use their sync feature.
I personally just use Syncthing to sync the whole folder/vault across my NAS, pc and phones.

4 Likes

@VIVIDICI_111 did you have ziigaat Arete in your hand?
will ziigaat Estrella appear in your ranking? in which place?

1 Like

I believe he has said that he would place Estrella in lower half of his S- area of his ranking list.

1 Like

I’ve heard it before, but Arete is outclassed by the Estrella in both tuning and tech. The Arete is basically a mini Dusk with more bass and less detail/resolution. If I were to rank the Arete it would be around an A? Estrella would be lower S-.

9 Likes

I am looking for an IEM that will be an upgrade for EM6L and Supermix4.
The SM4 are more fun than the phoenix, but the midrange could be better audible - the mid tone arrangement that provides the musical setting - musicality - is missing.
Subbass and Treble are in place - maybe sometimes the treble seems too bright (in some songs it is disturbing, while in the EM6L it was at an acceptable level).
In addition, there is the fit - the EM6L felt tight after a few hours, and the supermix is ​​smaller and more comfortable in this respect.
It’s hard to find a good IEM, not too big, with a good signature for $300… I don’t know what to look for, I bought the simgots from your guide, maybe it’s time to look for something else? - no less resolution and stages than sm4.
What do you think?

4 Likes

I mean at $300 what do you want me to say :joy:

Based off your criteria I don’t see anything better than the Estrella at that price. You won’t be finding any smaller iems as you move up the price due to the increase in driver counts (unless you go for an IE600, but I don’t really rec that). If you want better low-end and smoother treble vs the supermix4 (with a small tech bump) then get the Estrella. It’s more engaging than both the EM6L and SM4 if that’s your thing.

10 Likes

Hey Jay- i am thinking about saying screw my budget and get the estrella on credit card. Thats something i rarely do, but i am super pumped for you and the previews so far have been great.

I listen to mainly the grateful dead live concerts. I know the dead arent for everyone but they make me dance if its good (not all their stuff is). There are a ton of instruments (2 drummers, 2 guitars, bassist, keyboards, sometimes horns, 1 singer, donna that i touch on below) and i like being able to follow one instrument for a bit and then switch to another. On my 61t and HeyDay i get decent to good separation. How do you think the Estrella does with that type of music? As an example, Road Trips Vol 2 No.3 state fairgrounds 6/16/1974 (2 weeks before i was born) has some amazing jams. Eyes of the World (song#4)goes into a delicious jazzy type jam and Playing in the Band gets deep and trippy, no drugs needed. I use the latter song to see how annoying Donna’s screams are before and after the deep jam. If i dont want to rip off my ears the iem is probably good.

Do you think Estrella will be good for this type of music??
Thanks bunches man, and congrats!

5 Likes