JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

EW300 DSP with 3.5mm cable:

Very similar to 3.5mm version

If you swap the DSP cable with a traditional 3.5/4.4 you’ll get a similar sound as the stock EW300, so basically you get 4 tunings if you go for the DSP but have a spare cable lying around.

5 Likes

Logs on to Linsoul to buy standard tuning in matte black:

2 Likes

rip

cancel and re-order :joy:

2 Likes

Think I’ll go ahead as it’s a gift I’ve been delaying for weeks. DSP would have been a better gift but…

Standard seems ironically “more safe” to what I’m used to and pink nozzle already seems decently balanced and warm enough,…hopefully it works out :crossed_fingers:

But might pick up a second later on so will also eagerly await your thoughts on the hbb version cos ohhhhh that matte black looks DAYUM sharp. Thanks for the review

Edit: Getting decision fatigue on this one. 1st world problems :roll_eyes:. Gonna sleep on it. :sleeping_bed: :sleeping: :v:

1 Like

0 world problems with that one bro :joy:

HBB and Carmen should be coming in this week so we’ll see hoe things go :sunglasses:

7 Likes

The Star is coming boys. Pretty excited. Just got shipping notification. LFG!

11 Likes

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE, same here… be excited!

8 Likes

Letsgooooo :triumph:

7 Likes

Yanyin Carmen:

Time to see how these “new” crossovers are:

9 Likes

The star?? Share with the class!!! :grin:

4 Likes

Estrella! Jay’s collab. aka the star

10 Likes

:joy: I speak Spanish and it went over my head. Gracias!!

8 Likes

That graph gives me EJ07 vibes ngl!

High volume monster?

3 Likes

It’s Jay……
My man is a scaling kind of guy
So my guess,you can crank em

7 Likes

Hit or miss, when it hits it HITS, but the 4K and 1.5K doesn’t jibe well with certain tracks. So far it’s very good for scaling for slower stuff like indie, acoustics, ballads, lofi, ambient etc

4 Likes

I’ve BEEN cracking these and my ears are hating me for it :joy:

8 Likes

A fun tournament comparison video I did for the old and new IEMs :sunglasses::

11 Likes

Might have to see if I can pick up some Sony’s…

2 Likes

Keeping budget lists up to date isn’t easy, but it’s necessary. Nice!

Listened to the BL03 I gifted by brother in law yesterday, gave it something like 5 years ago now. It sounded really great, vocal texture was the only stand out weakness.

3 Likes

I have a legit pair of MH755 from Japan that I bought the MMCX jacks for too but just never have “garage tinkering” time like I thought in order to modify them. Let me know if you’d like them cheap.

2 Likes