JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

I try my best to do this, even when I’m texting casually between friends. Ask @GooberBM - he does the same thing, too. That guy is a wizard when it comes to writing. The one thing he does really well is avoiding sounding repetitive. Which I have an issue with.

7 Likes

The trick to not sounding repetitive is, the trick to not sounding repetitive is, the trick to not sounding repetitive is… dang I forgot.

3 Likes

Happy to help, boys. I’ll respond via PM so we end this hostage situation with Jay’s thread! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

5 Likes

SuperChonk rating of Estrella.

P.S. He’s on the team that created the Dita Project: M

3 Likes

Ya he told me his unit was too aggressive, ima ask Linsoul to send him a new one. Should not be a V

6 Likes

Glad you’re on it.

I have a bad gut feeling about it though. First HBBs graph is much too aggressively V, now this guys set seems to be in the same vein.

I don’t have a measurement rig of my own to verify if my set, once it arrives, is tuned correctly or not…

Better tell them to QC the hell out of the first batch to avoid distaster.

6 Likes

Shit, I’m not liking the looks of this.

5 Likes

Worse case scenario I call off the collab and you guys get your money refunded.

Not putting up with this shit.

7 Likes

As do I, thats a long way from mid and highs on Jays final tuning, I won’t even open the box…. If I suspect that is whats coming. I know manufacturers like to say even 5 db is within tolerance, Bullshit , not anymore, especially in collaboration projects.

3 Likes

I thought mine was coming in today but got the wrong notification. It’s in LAX though so I can’t imagine it’s not coming soon. I’ll take a look and give a quick impression if I feel like it’s coming out V-shaped vs balanced

2 Likes

Collabs seems to be quite vulnerable to this not-what-I-tuned issue.
Whats the point of a collab if they arent gonna listen???

8 Likes

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1vYLJU2mlyEPenhmOd-lDC7BjLOMBO3Y3JRGZ7buB9z4/htmlview

SuperChonks ranking list.

Estrella is the only set that’s described as

“V-shaped /w elevated bass”

In what world is Jays tuning v-shaped with elevated bass? That’s basically saying extra bass with extra bass?

Trying to keep a cool head, and it’s just speculation so far, but for now the evidence seems to suggest that Ziigaat may have shit the bed?

4 Likes

Ahhhhhhh.

This has me in knots. No fucking way they screwed the pooch like this on my boy with his first collab. I too am trying to keep a cool head, but I had a really bad feeling once they changed the faceplate design for the final-final version.

Don’t worry, everyone, Jay is gonna figure this out or Ziigaat be damned. My set is stuck in Germany so I won’t have my hands on it for at least another week I reckon. I’m hoping some other folks get their sets in soon to confirm or deny this debacle.

5 Likes

Does Super Chonk have a 711? I want to see a graph before I get worried. Sometimes we call one thing something else.

8 Likes

His first impressions below (which I of course believe to be genuine) makes no sense whatsoever in relation to the intended tuning.

“Going over the top especially when it comes to bass”

We know from before how Ziigaat likes to change the tuning on their sets post release or alleged final tuning, example being Doscinco.

He’s going to graph it soon, unless he’s told not to.

7 Likes

Botany Bay?.. Botany Bay! Oh No!

Please say it ain’t so, so looking forward to this set.

1 Like

I just saw the update from @domq422 . Jay, thank you for handling this. :+1: Hopefully, this turns out to be a non-issue and everything gets resolved quickly. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We all are brother🤙

3 Likes

what do we think of this guys, this is superchonk’s unit

It looks closer to Chris’ unit, not sure if I’d call this a V, maybe U?

Don’t worry ya’ll I’ll get this handled. Linsoul’s reply to me is that they’re similar on their end and could just be coupler difference :thinking:

Gonna need to wait for more units to come in

12 Likes

Have we seen that much difference, and would it likely develop at 1 k?

1 Like