JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Dunu Glacier? That’s one you don’t hear much about. Good for you, sir! :blush:

6 Likes

If you don’t mind my asking, when did you submit your order?

1 Like

I should clarify, I canceled from Linsoul and reordered from AliExpress during the sale to save some gas money. So this is the DD-Hifi (Linsoul) pre-order on Ali.

5 Likes

Still an epic pic of you, man!

4 Likes

I had a chance to listen to the Glacier (like 15 minutes or so) this past weekend, that’s a badass punchy set. If it wasn’t for the fact that the FiR RN6 was there too, it would have been my favorite I’d listen to amongst Europa, Supernova, Titan, Crimson.

5 Likes

Glacier! Beautiful set.

Thanks for the impressions ya’ll, I believe @Lexington99 just got his as well (unless I’m thinking of someone else)

Don’t forget to drop some pics for the giveaway!! (Best picture wins prototype Estrella, or production #0001 Estrella with the super blinged out plating :wink: )

8 Likes

Are you by any chance a lead singer of Disturbed?

3 Likes

Mine arrived this morning! :tada: Kindly sent by Jay for the AudioGeek EU tour group :pray:

7 Likes

And photo for the comparison :smiley:

16 Likes

Goodness what a beauty shot there, all four look breathtaking!

4 Likes

No, sir. I’m “disturbed” by most metal.

Sorry, couldn’t resist … :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s happening gif

5 Likes

It’s happening gif

Heavy breathing gif

Dancing gif

LETSGO gif

Cry laughing emoji

5 Likes

I’ll see my self out now :sweat_smile:

I’m so excited to see the full array of photos, man… thank you for blessing us with these teasers :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

That graph is wildy different to all the other reviewers measurements :thinking:

2 Likes

Haha, I am touring the Unit in my country, if you are from India drop me a message.

2 Likes

I jumped in the Estrella pool with you guy’s. That FOMO got to me :slight_smile: Placed the order then noticed that Linsoul was on some sort of break… Go figure. From what I can tell it is at least one of the top $500 sets so why not.

Does the tape mod cause any of the pressure issues I hear about? I was thinking I could use some sort of perforated tape to let it breath a little or I could make some small plugs with varying hole sizes to experiment. Anyone done either?

1 Like

There wasn’t any pressure build up in the time I used it but of course YMMV.

I tried micropore tape and you’re not gonna get the same level of bass reduction as with a solid tape. Jay’s recommendation to me stands: either use solid tape or don’t worry about taping it at all. But of course YMMV

2 Likes

Finished Cable Rolling for Estrella, after hours of testing.

:point_right: The Stock Cable is the winner. ( Well managed every aspect overall, nothing is compromised ).

Conclusion - Start enjoying as stock.

8 Likes

Flip Polarity Check :white_check_mark:

The Flip of polarity changes the Subbass , making is a bit broad which somewhat overshadows the lower-mids a bit.

4 Likes