JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Yeah, it’s why I put a track list in all of my posts. I don’t think anybody uses it LOL but it’s there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly - as Riku said - the best would be just referring to the tracks you like to listen and listen the most as that would be “closest to your heart” if I can say it like that. I also think that your taste is quite close to mine, so it works either way :smiley:

Btw - you having Tea OG on 1st place for vocal set is a bit of a headscratcher for me. I am a vocalhead as well, I had Tea and got it sold to fund MEST and wanted to buy RSV one day, but then out of sudden you place it even higher on a list :thinking:

2 Likes

MEST vocals are too pushed and light back for me, I like my vocals nice and forward :yum: The Tea scales amazingly at high volumes where many IEMs just fall apart - that’s why it’s high on the list as it fits my preferences perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

So what’s everyone’s top 5 under $500 :thinking:

11 Likes

Man, under 5 bananas is a tough one. I’d say mine personally goes as follows;

1. Panda
  2. OG Teas
  3. EA500
  4. Maestro Mini
  5. OG Wu/Timeless

The pandas just hit different and I still can’t put my finger on it, but I’ve been absolutely falling in love with the OG Teas the last few weeks. It has become my EDC fairly confidently.

11 Likes

Yo I forgot to include the Pandas because they’re so cheap :joy: I’d take them over blessing lineup any day. Great list :+1:

4 Likes

Top-5 under $500, you say? Call me back in a few weeks when I’ve maybe heard a few more heavy hitters, but for now here’s mine:

1. Penon Fan 2
  2. Tri Starsea
  3. Simgot EN1000
  4. Panda
  5. Juzear 41T

Depending on the day and conversion rate, Voldermort would jump to number one pretty easily, if it qualified for under $500. 3 and 4 could flip spots once I have my set of Panda. And an honorable mention for Sound Rhyme DTE500 is well deserved because it’s super close between it and 41T.
EDIT: Forgot to mention Penon Serial: if someone’s preferences swapped Serial for Fan, I wouldn’t hold that against them.

But if I had to pick five under $500, that’s what my list would be today

5 Likes
  1. Glamdring
  2. Panda
  3. Juzear 41T
  4. OG Tea (Even though it’s no longer with me and also getting harder to acquire)
  5. Tri Starsea

Starsea I’m throwing their on a whim as @GooberBM set had the imbalance when I demoed it. Even with the imbalance it had a great tonality overall that I really enjoyed so can’t imagine a good set would shift my thought. I’m really interested in hearing the Kiwi Ears Quarter and Quintet to see where they’d fall for an under $500 set.

6 Likes

Speaking of Fan 2 these sneaky bastards just sent me a 50% off coupon :joy:

I need to re-listen to the starseas if you’re giving it so much praise :thinking:

3 Likes

Glamdring letsgooo - hope I’ll get mine back soon, and I gotchu with the Quartet and Quintet :smirk:

And I see everyone here is a panda fan :panda_face:

6 Likes

Starsea are a pretty close copy of SA6 with (better) DD bass, for $110

And you all better be Panda fans. I started Panda Fam up in here! :panda_face:

3 Likes

Well that probably explains it. Loved the SA6U just at times wish at had a little extra bump. I’d actually end using with XBass a lot.

4 Likes

Dam ok, send them on tour would love to A/B them with the SA6U

4 Likes

Will do, lol :+1:t5:

4 Likes
  1. Pandas - Dem Timbre
  2. Tea 2 - I love vocal sets
  3. XBA N3 - Midbass love
  4. Fan 2 - Balanced
  5. Blon-03 - I really really like to put my B2Dusk on top 5 but I can’t stand the recessed vocals and note thinness anymore (at least Blon 03 has nice bass). I think RSV poisoned my ears into liking forward vocals much :joy:
8 Likes

RSV is da goat - great list :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I haven’t even heard all of the sets I could expect to infiltrate this list and I already have to consider revisiting it lol

2 Likes

QUINTETT review out :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Great review man! What would be your choice: Studio4, p8 or Quintet? i want accurate natural tonality/timbre, high details and balanced overall sound signature? I am leaning towards Studio4. Would like your take on it. Thanks

1 Like

If you have the cash then Studio 4, if not Quintet is fine if you can overlook the timbre :+1:

3 Likes