JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

KL is great, and it looks like you have the resin one as well which I heard sounds better :thinking: But ya with the LTD you’ll be set and out of the rabbit hole for good :joy:

6 Likes

Amen.
10 char…

3 Likes

The LTD is great but if the KL is at least as good as the 07m in resin I personally don’t know think the LTD is a big step forward

3 Likes

Owning both (LTD and resin KL), I personally put the LTD over KL. It’s not a HUGE leap since KL is already great, but I would take LTD all day no contest.

3 Likes

For sure, if money wasn’t a factor—>LTD

3 Likes

Kinda curious, but what’s the MAX everyone would pay for their endgame? :thinking:

• $100 to $350
  • $350 to $600
  • $600 to $1000
  • $1000 to $2000
  • $$$$$$$$$$$$
0 voters
3 Likes

Many, if there is a way to try them and they fit my library - it is diverse and not only metal. But no more than $4,000. I think the Prestige will save me the remaining $2,700 :smile:
I’m still torn between Fatfreq Sakura and Prestige LTD, but maybe LTD…
Still, KL gives me everything I need and spending more money is probably a whim. :wink:

3 Likes

Fatfreq Sakura looks really interesting actually :face_with_monocle: Very straight graph to the uppermids probably very smooth. I don’t think you can go wrong with either, but LTD definitely looks better LOL :joy:

2 Likes

I think the Prestige will be amazing, but I also want to try new technology because I already have a similar tribrid.I think i will buy Sakura. I was told by Fatfreq that it would be best suited for metal with a big stage, excellent separation and controlled and fast bass. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Let us know how it is! Also, where did you contact FatFreq? Gonna ask for some review units heh

1 Like

I registered on the site and wrote private messages. They answered me after 2 hours. They were very responsive and explained what was best for my library.

2 Likes

Oh, sweet. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks bro :facepunch:

3 Likes

If you get a hold of Fatfreq for samples and don’t get Hayabusa, I will be SO mad at you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

The Hayabusa seems more appealing to most audiophiles. But Fatfreq assured me that Sakura is a 100% match for my library - a very natural timbre of the guitars. But yeah, for review you better want Hayabusa, looks more versatile and matches more libraries. :wink:

1 Like

I’d be happy just getting a review unit for the Scarlet LOL

4 Likes

Shoot for the moon and you can still reach the stars

3 Likes

6 Likes

If we work like a team enough, we can get pretty damn close :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The bass switch might be problematic for some as it does stand out quite a bit.

It’s nice that you can toggle bass on the go but I have read about some Maestro SE owners that the switch was causing discomfort on the ear that’s why they changed it on the newer models of MSE.

On Sakura and Hayabusa it looks like the old version…something to keep in mind.
Probably best to try/clarify it before

2 Likes

If only there were more audio demo places in Canada ugh :expressionless:

2 Likes