JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

North America, as a whole. But I dunno if FatFreq even brings those to CanJam since we only seem to care about Maestro/Scarlett :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

They brought it all to Can Jan So Cal. Grand Mystero was the best iem that I tried.

2 Likes

Europe isn’t very lucky for this either.
The are stores for speakers and some for headphones, but iems are very scarce in the territory.

1 Like

Good to know. Hope they’ll be at CanJam NYC in February. While it’s good to hear GM was best they had, $3000 is “never gonna happen” territory for me so that’s wishful thinking

2 Likes

Same. I can’t see myself buying one for so many reasons. But it was very nice. I think the Monarch mk3 is really nice for the price. Maybe just as good, but I’d need to ab at home.

2 Likes

Alright everyone pitch in a few dollars and we’ll have our own store soon enough :joy:

7 Likes

Let me know what your fav is for each genre :eyes:

11 Likes

Here we go baby… another Harman woo…

4 Likes

EA1000 :hot_face:

Quick impressions:

-High quality drivers inside, very resolving
-Low-end timbre is immaculate :ok_hand:, NOT a basshead set but you can hear the physicality of the air being pushed with quick and clean decay, while still having natural note-weight
-For those who want insane mid-bass slam these aren’t it
-Surprised by the separation and detail retrieval in these
-Female vocals are the star of the show - best at $200 and maybe besting the studio 4s (unless Timmy can pull some magic with the Chopin)
-Great treble extension and air, but doesn’t scale well at high volume/gets too much
-Clean/bright leaning sound overall but not boring like Harman :zzz:

18 Likes

Don’t be going around saying shit like this, Jay, I’m tapped out over here, brother :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

I’m glad they’re maintaining this strength — EN1000 still my top vocal set, without any BA reliance to pull it off.

4 Likes

It’s a special thing Simgot is doing. The EA500 is still the benchmark IEM under $100 for me personally. It sounds like a hybrid, with all the benefits of one, without actually being one. This EA1000 character seems to up the ante on the technicalities

7 Likes

I can’t really believe the community almost passed up on Simgot completely. Nobody touched the EN1000 and people had the EA500 and just ignored it.

We almost missed the revolution

7 Likes

Haha I was thinking the same thing!

2 Likes

Oh just hold your dicks. All I need is a release date and an Amazon listing, and I’m on it

2 Likes

I was one of them :raised_back_of_hand: Guilty as charge

EA1000 is pretty great though - I’ll make sure people don’t miss this one (aka me)

2 Likes

The two hype trains I’m glad I hoped onto was the Timeless OG and the EA500. I probably would have never got on the EA500 train without your help tho, Brandon. That’s a fact.

7 Likes

I was the whole hype train. As much as I like to play down that fact, there was no hype train, on either forum, until I kept pestering people :slight_smile:

Not sorry

5 Likes

How much is the EA1000 anyway?

I’m not really that into neutral bright signatures but it might be cool to have a really good one just to have in a collection that I can use as a reference.

2 Likes

$220 - it’s really good for female vocals - rec’d. If you have any slower tracks that highlights those then you’ll love this

2 Likes