JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Just checked this out. Yeah, you nailed it. It’s fine and if you nitpick the sets you can find it’s thing it does a little bit better, but seriously it is just another competent $20 set in the market.

We like good sets, but there is no reason to buy them all.

1 Like

Thanks man :pray: Ya if you own any of the other similar ones then most likely a pass, but here’s to hoping for different tunings in 2023!

Yeah, about that…Working on it

1 Like

Honestly I would’ve pulled the trigger on the Ehiku but it’s $200, and the FR is maybe TOO different :joy:

SGOR Venus, Simgot EA500, and NF Audio RA10 are the next sets I’m trying out. I’m hoping something pops, and I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Another follower of the forbidden fruit :handshake: firm handshakes. Fantastic- so happy you enjoy the Rosefinch, brother!

2 Likes

The Simgot and JD7 looks interesting! I’m also eyeing the 7th Acoustic Supernova, but dunno if I’m willing to drop that amount of cash for what looks like a sidegrade to the SA6U:

1 Like

The JD7 is the actual upgrade to all the similar $20-80 sets. Full stop, it’s my off-ramp for the neutral-Harman tuning.

I went from “cadenza’s awesome” to “Caden-who?” primarily because of JD7.

1 Like

lol, I read that as “poops” first. :rofl:

1 Like

Oh I’ve heard plenty of poops too. Comes with the territory

1 Like

Indeed, whats your worst?

for me its probably the TP10 (ptsd inducing nightmare) with the F3100 a runner up.

1 Like

Oh god those look pretty bad, reminds me of the KZ’s I heard

@GooberBM I’ll put the JD7s on my list. So much things to try :sweat_smile: At first I miss-read as FD7 cuz you know Fiio - F, and I was like $500?? So this price is much better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I gave the Hidizs MD4 a shot as a curiosity. It was astounding how bad this actually was, and for $160, at that!

Tangzu tuning a set that was simultaneously too forward and with almost no treble was a special kind of “how did you mess up so badly?”

2 Likes

:smirk:

4 Likes

OHHHHH! Let’s goooo! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think i just bought a JD7 in my sleep! I woke up to find an emailed receipt, and I dont remember buying them! Lol. You must have influenced me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

People are crazy about JD7. I don’t believe I’ll ever buy it, but enjoy them anyway :slightly_smiling_face: :purple_heart:

I love that you get the spirit of Rosefinch.

If you try to measure it against sets that are trying to be balanced, are trying to have a clean tuning, and are trying to appeal to a wide audience, then it fails miserably.

If you judge this as “can you make deep, stinky, dirty bass and still have a level of musicality?” then you can’t really touch this under $100 and the Focus EDM is discontinued and hard to find. I love it for a completely niche IEM set!

2 Likes

I dunno how responsible I can be for this drunken mistake :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not balanced in the best way possible :love_you_gesture: Makes everything so much more immersive. Honestly would love to see a 2DD set tuned this way instead of the harman scoop mid-bass.

1 Like