JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Wasn’t the IE600 one of your fav iems LOL?

Both the EA1000 and LM are not as bright as IE600 :wink:

I don’t know why everyone says that the IE600 is bright. It is very balanced to my ears, there is no harshness and sibilance in the treble and upper mids. I’m sure the Simgots are brighter, especially the EA1000 :wink:
I guess I’m not deaf yet :joy:

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

I hope you know that the IЕ600’s mid-treble and bass are not what the graph shows. Ask anyone who owns an IE600 and they will tell you that they do not cause fatigue. There is a thing called driver quality :joy:

1 Like

Right, so use that same logic with the Simgot’s Radiator + DD. You heard the EA1000s or you just looking at graphs here? IE600 is still bright leaning regardless of the graph :joy:

And does the radiator do anything :joy:? There’s nothing to listen to, I don’t want to fry my ears. My logic matches the logic of almost everyone who listens to the IE600 every night.
The Germans are still better at tuning, sorry. Nynz was of the same opinion, and he has a pretty accurate ear :wink:

That is pure meme.

3 Likes

As someone who has heard both I will say imo the IE600 is not bright or sibilant. It does have a ton of artificial air and I can see those who are specifically sensitive in the upper treble getting fatique on that set during long sessions. A lot of it depends on the your own ability to hear in that range and the music you listen to.

As for the EA1000, while its tuning is neutral bright to my ear and more forward than the IE600 it is also not harsh or sibilant (again different ears will hear it differently). It’s also much less fatiguing than the IE600. Bass wise, even though the IE600 has more audible sub bass, the mid bass is much punchier than the IE600 and the EA1000 texture is overall better imo.

9 Likes

You said driver quality matters but you don’t apply that to other brands? Ok :joy:

IE600 is not a neutral set, not at least to my ears, it’s bright leaning like the EA1000. Not fatiguing, but colored in the treble for sure. They’re just brighter in different regions.

Same with the LM, it’s pretty smooth for all that treble. Not as bright as the graph suggests.

@Rikudou_Goku Not for bass, but I’m assuming they did something similar like LETSHUOER with the DZ4

@cal_lando Amen. They’re just bright in different regions. The IE600s does not scale too well, or for longer sessions unless you listen at lower volumes.

1 Like

On the contrary. If a driver is of good quality, I always say so. But I don’t think Simgots have such a quality driver. The technique is hardly Senn’s. I have no bias towards the IE600, I’m just saying what I hear. But it was about Origin, not Senn. :wink:

But you haven’t even heard it lol sooooo

3 Likes

No need. I have a good intuition that never lets me down :laughing:

1 Like

3 Likes

Look my friend. If the Simgot driver was as good and technical as the IE600, the web would have exploded with this news. But nothing like that happens. You can post all the memes and gifs you want, but this time your hearing is failing you. :kissing_heart:

Dunno how hype and popularity have anything to do with sound quality, especially when you compare a big company to a new/smaller one :thinking: By your logic the Moondrop Kato must be the best DD in the world :joy:

Given Simgot’s size and new status I’d say the EA1000’s “popularity” was pretty explosive, obviously not as big as SENNHEISER because, well, it’s SENNHEISER LOL.

Well, at least I’ve heard it before making blind predictions :kissing_heart: You say the IE600 graph isn’t a good predictor and that drivers matter, so why can’t that be the case for other IEMs lol? Make that make sense :man_shrugging:

Anyways… Origin is good if you want a clean balanced sound. I’d wait tho.

5 Likes

I need ten chars but as the kids say: That’s

Seriously though. As someone that’s heard IE600 and more Simgot’s than anyone in this hobby, I can tell you that both IE600 and EA1000 are bright in their own ways.

IE600 IS bright because the bass quantity is lower. It’s a very well done neutral-bright but it absolutely leans to the upper end. And the Senny is totally artificially boosted in the air, 1000%

EA1000 is bright with a more Harman-like slant because it has bigger low-end emphasis. But Simgot picks some of the most resolving drivers to use in their sets. The stock tunings run bright (but not harsh to me, try the OD200 black nozzle if you want trash upper mids), but can be balanced with mods.

TL;DR: if you haven’t heard them then you might wanna try the Simgot out

11 Likes

Dw, bro’s got intuition, trust :joy:

1 Like

Yes. My intuition never lies to me. But I’m going to buy the EA1000 just to make sure I’m not wrong. Origin will wait. And if I like EA 1000 at least half as much as IE600, that will be a blow. :shushing_face:

6 Likes

YARN | We got him. | The Martian (2015) | Video gifs by quotes | 8183017d | 紗

5 Likes

Having owned both (at different times), I think that you’ll be pleasantly surprised!

4 Likes