JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

Got the “Doscincos” today, or at least the box. Opened them up and they were actually the Cincotres instead so that’s fun. However, any idea what would be a good place to start to EQ them similar to Doscincos?

Regardless of the mix up, they do sound a lot better than the MP145s. Better bass depth, and better vocals as well to my ears.

6 Likes

try autoeq on squig.link

2 Likes

Parametric would be easier than a basic 10 band in this situation…I’m really digging the Hiby PEQ these days, the way you can slide frequencies while listening is a beautiful thing.

1. add 3db (ish) peaking at say 380 hz, with Q value 2.75
  2. add 2db peaking at 2 khz with a Q value just under 4,
  3. 2-3 db bass shelf at 31 hz, with Q around 60.
  4. maybe add a touch of energy at 5-6 khz…this should get you in the ball park
    Most importantly, have fun!
2 Likes

SUBTONIC STORM:

KINERA IMPERIAL LOKI:

You love to see it

7 Likes

I love seeing it, but I don’t see anything in common :thinking: :grinning: :grinning:

3 Likes

Storm looks too airy.
Loki squig looks great tbh

3 Likes

Storm looks too airy and Loki looks great but Loki has more air (and upper end energy) than Storm.

:man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Just leaving this here

3 Likes

I see your doscinco and raise you a giant 8k peak. For the bold and/or insensitive:

Vulkan alone lined up at 500Hz. All 3 lined up at 300Hz

7 Likes

Interesting how the STORM has a huge divot at 8k rather than a peak…

3 Likes

that bass shelf of EVO does not look quite right

1 Like

Nah it’s fine unless you’re blasting them, even then they scale pretty great. The cymbals are so crispy, nuanced, and airy.

@SoundEater good qc

@Rinderkappajoe Ya I think mine’s missing some sub-bass lol

I suppose that´s because of the foam tips. Did you try silicone?
Legend Evo and missing sub-bass is a meme :rofl:

ouch.

QC is terrible for something that costs 3k!

8 Likes

Should I be happy that there’s no scoop lol

1 Like

That BC is probably working in the 200-500hz area. so no way it would have a scoop. Question is how good and noticeable that BC is…hopefully better than my experience with the Konoka.

1 Like

Oh ya it’s definitely noticeable, the driver flex is insane lol

The worst I’ve heard in any IEM period :joy:

2 Likes

Are those vents? Looks like it only has those. Guess they wanted that pressure to help give you a better seal to help the BC perception.

1 Like

Loki has more bass to compensate.

16 Likes