JAY's audio memes (and reviews/ranking too I guess)

That is right. But they still make good tuning. They just don’t need to make similar sounding IEMs.

5 Likes

Yep, here

1 Like

Ya I think Cincotres would be the better buy over both the Hype 2 & 4

Hype 10 definitely a step up tho

6 Likes

I have bought from the before. They sale stuff at wholesale,but %100 real!

3 Likes

Daamn, how much cheaper was it during the anniversary sale that just passed?

Hmm, and is the Tea2 worth it if I just bought the Cincotres and Doscinco? :eyes:

1 Like

Apparently the Tea2 and Doscinco sounds very similar, but with better bass in Doscinco.

Tea 2 is cleaner and scales better at higher volume, better for mids/vocals
Doscinco more bass, better for bass/hiphop

2 Likes

I’m the biggest Thie Fanboy out there and I agree with this lol unfortunately, they’re being a bit lazy in the tuning department imo.

4 Likes

You mean the Moondrop method? :joy:

5 Likes

Not if you get hit with the miracle qc for the MK2 and MK3 :rofl:

Makes reviewing this shit infinitely harder

6 Likes

At least Moondrop is clear that they adhere to a house target, and there will be some variation but you know what you’re signing up for.

Thieaudio/Ziigaat is trying to act like they’re putting out distinct IEMs with different tunings (audiophile vs. monitor)…

And Doscinco/Cincotres are not that at all. Those are some mighty salady words

3 Likes

Tea2 is darker, but that is pretty spot on.
I think the Doscinco has a bit more air in the treble.

I am guessing that extra treble is the issue, but seriously man, how loud are you listening to them at? I haven’t turned the Doscinco up that far apparently.

I am saying this on a day that I have been listening to both the Tea2 and Doscinco on the new Fiio KA17. Not turning them up on that is difficult.

Agreed @GooberBM Ziigaat is doing some interesting stuff. They have 5 sets, Nuo, Cinno, Doscinco, Cincotres, and Jupiter. I haven’t heard Jupiter, but the other 4 are all doing their own thing.

4 Likes

Oof that’s facts - my pair of MK2s have a goated fr in my humble opinion, but that MK3 need some work for sure. Totally backwards in terms of what Thie had in mind :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty sure my MK3 is the regular MK2, and your MK2 is the regular MK3 :rofl:

@John_W_Clark if you’re not at at least 90dbs don’t talk to me :joy:

@GooberBM nothing ground breaking that’s for sure but the dos and cinco are solid. My units of the HYPE’s are different enough, 2 & 4 is fine, but not sure about the 10 lol. It’s definitely a step up from the other 2, but kinda redundant. I think the 4 is probably there to fill the price bracket for them.

4 Likes

While not a true monitor tuning, from reviews people were saying the ziigaats were still different enough compared to thie offerings. Guess I’ll find out in a couple of days

3 Likes

There’s slight differences, but they are less distinct than something like Aür Audio. It’s way more like moondrop having sets that have the same foundation with tweaks

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re talking about thieaudio? Because Ziigaat is as distinct as Aur imo:

Aside from the Hype 4, 2 vs 10 is different enough plus the tech boost

2 Likes

Oh no, Jay’s videos + this forum’s dangerous. Just bought the Tea2 because of the deal.
My fourth $200-$300 set this month: Aful P5, Doscinco, Cincotres, and now the Tea2 :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

11 Likes

Someone get this man off the internet LOL

14 Likes

Just make sure to share your thoughts and comparisons :wink:

3 Likes