Jaytiss Reviews and Ranking

I ran into that same problem when I had some more detailed score for the top iems in my list, which I had on another page instead.

Problem is that “powercreep” happens a lot so you have to readjust things a lot more, which is why I ended up removing that and just sticking with that one overall value (and another “modded” score as well).

2 Likes

I like the specifics of a star rating AND a numerical rating. There are levels within star groupings, and the numerical rating shows those levels.

Hypothetical: You may have 12 five-star IEMs on that list. But are they really equal in quality? The numerical rating shows your best of the best.

3 Likes

Yes they are. That’s why so much of this is subjective to ear. A set that is actually good at a neutral-bright signature isn’t better than a set that is actually good at a basshead signature, as long as they are both executing a game plan. The higher ranking comes from all the subjective, such as preference, mood, ear anatomy, subconscious expectations etc.

7 Likes

without question…
monitors should be compared against its peers…from a tuning perspective

4 Likes

You are right, I think it’s more for purchase advice for people not invested in the hobby.

3 Likes

Yo, @Toecutter and those other reviewers aint wrong this is a fantastic set.

6 Likes

Never let a review take away from your enjoyment. at 10:12

8 Likes

Gonna get a Fit War 2.0? :joy:

1 Like

Jay…thanks for reposting the Unity vid…

my suggestion is to never back off of your initial opinion…you’ll lose credibility if you do…
but revising it is different matter altogether…it’s advisable and allowable…if it’s warranted

like a huge…

after your review

don’t try to sway the naysayers…but reinforce and embold those that believe in your opinions

11 Likes

Thanks Homie. Great advice.

5 Likes

Great set, great fit.

5 Likes

The twins baby the twins!

3 Likes

Goal being to rank by audio score with clearer Crin like star ranking. I think I was trying to do my own stuff way too much, the IGN style will be on the list still be on the list. Way too worried about overshilling and not being clear. I think this will make it smoother and better for me, which is important to avoid long-term burnout.

12 Likes

I think the star rating is a good add to it, man. Having that extra layer streamlines it well.

1 Like

Btw, consider adding a column listing what connection type the iems uses, like mmcx, 2pin or non-removable and maybe another column specifiying if its a bullet or “ciem”-shape.

4 Likes

Good idea, thank you Riku.

3 Likes

Hey, just wanted to share a personal success. I set a goal of making 1k subs before Oct 2024, I decided when I started if I could get 1k in a year, then it was progress and I should continue with it. If not, maybe pull back. I’m excited to share that my little channel hit 1k. Thanks to everyone for the support and suggestions. There aren’t many forums out there. This is the New York of audio forms. If you can make it in Hifiguides, the world is your Oyster.

Thanks again for the support.

27 Likes

Congrats, brother :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yo…sub’d…you got my 1.8 cents… good luck Jay

4 Likes

I noticed you have graphed Davinci @Jaytiss

What’s your first impressions vs Doscinco?

4 Likes