Juzear 61t 6+1 Hybrid IEM June 2024

You’re welcome! I’m happy to help. These apps might have more detailed features, but at the end of the day, EQ is EQ. If your DAC has EQ options, that’s even better as it super convenient. I just listed a few apps in case you don’t have EQ on your DAC. Enjoy your music! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gotcha, I understand it does make it difficult sometimes if there isn’t a lot nearby to trial any or meet up with like-minded audiophiles. One thing, which you probably already have discovered, is that we have a great section on here called the Buy/Sell and Looking for Thread. Once you figure out what IEM you want to upgrade (or side-grade) to next, you’ll find many great deals (sometimes out right “steals”) from forum members who are letting some of their old gear go to fellow forum members. It’s especially helpful for those needing to save some $ and getting a pretty much mint condition product. :+1:

3 Likes

I ended up grabbing the hype 4 and after a lot of trial and error I settled on using the autoeq on squidlink to bad guys 2022 target and I’m very happy with it. Very impressive driver with how versatile it is. I did the same with the artti t10 and if you’re on a budget, you could go with those and be perfectly happy. At this point I don’t really have a need to buy any more

Title: Breath of fresh air

Pros:

The tuning they achieved for a fun oriented listening is very refreshing
Noise Isolation
Cable feels very premium

Cons:

Timbre
Genre Compatibility

Shout-out to HiFiGo and Gadget Generations for providing me with this IEM for this review. I will not keep it after the review. All thoughts and opinions are mine and completely true to my findings and observations. No one paid or influenced me to write anything good or bad about the products.

Introduction

This is my first experience with an IEM from JUZEAR. My initial thoughts on this IEM are quite intriguing. I haven’t had the chance to try or read about their earlier models, so my perspective comes from a fresh start. The current retail price is quite competitive, but since I haven’t tested many recent IEMs in this price range, I won’t be able to provide many comparisons in this review.

First Impressions

My initial thoughts on this IEM were quite positive. It delivers a fun and engaging experience across the entire frequency range. Everything about this IEM is designed to enhance the flavour, leaning more towards an exaggerated presentation rather than a natural or reference sound. The bass is punchy and commanding, the mids have a nice warmth, and the treble adds a delightful sparkle. However, as I explored my music collection, I realized it may not suit everyone’s taste. Some listeners will absolutely love this IEM, while others might find it lacking in certain areas, which I’ll delve into later in the review.

Let us dive into the tuning of the IEM in detail, to dissect the fundamental philosophies of the tuning and see if this will fit you or not.

Subbass (Nicely done)

• The delivery of the sub-bass is extremely clean
• Amplitude is moderately high
• The sub-bass Reaches deep and extends to 20hz beautifully
• The attack and decay are very analogue consisting of good timing
• The midbass fall-off is kinda steep which might affect a few genres
• The resolution is OK for the price, it is not under-detailed nor fairly detailed as well
• Texturing is great, micro contracts are vividly projected
• Pushing a good amount of air/thud to give the songs an added exciting element to the already fun-centric signature

Bass (Not as huge in amplitude as the sub-bass)

• Midbass is not as authoratative as subbass
• Attack is fast but decay is analogue like
• Texturing is not that great
• Aptly detailed & you can hear intricacies
• Feels pushed back into the mix a bit
• The midbass is very clean and separated from the sub-bass in terms of continuity
• Slight hint of warmth in the vocals, but if
• The thud/thump of air is a bit missing 
• The combination of sub-bass and midbass is plenty for digital music but not enough to extract bass from bass-shy tracks

Upper Midrange (Very likeable to me)

• Very neutral until 7khz if not slightly safe
• Good details for the price in terms of note definition
• Good Texturing, the micro contrasts are really good
• Very good spaciousness and the air around the voice
• Zero Fatigue can be observed even the treble might seem to affect this range for long listening sessions
• No Sibillance is there
• provides the sparkle and sizzle but misses a bit in the overall fulfilling nature 
• Good Timbre especially in the upper-mid range
• Separation is good too for the price

Lower midrange (Special Sauce)

• Overall neutral in the frequency spectrum
• A hint of warmth can be observed (this is heavily dependent on the canal size of your ears)
• The treble compliments the lower mids in a very good way, in terms of providing a sense of details
• Very Good in resolution, micro details are good for the price
• Texturing is well done, micro-contrasts are apt for the price
• The timber is hint exaggerated towards richness in tonality and can't be defined as natural 
• No Dryness/Roughness can be found
• The space is decent and the vocalists seem upfront and uplifted from the mix

Treble (Make or Break)

• The is some lack of resolution after 10Khz
• The lower treble on the other hand is a lot more detailed due to the fact that a few peaks are implemented here and there
• The treble feels snappy enough & not overly speedy
• The air extension is somehow managed very nicely
• Overall the transient nature is there
• I EQed the 10khz range and it is giving me a better trailing edge resolving ability and micro-contrast
• The presence range felt a bit missing
• The tonality aside timbre is not that great
• There are two to three peaks that affect the organic nature of the sound

Soundstage

• Somewhat intimate 
• Reverberations are not believable enough
• Not heady by any means
• Stretched Left to Right in stereo, which gives an added advantage of more snappy and clear stereo imaging but lacks a bit in the immersion factor

Imaging

• Stereo imaging is very good
• Pinpoint accuracy can be achieved in the stereo-width but not in 3D 
• The depth perception is OK for the price
• Height is very average for the price

Resolution

• Very good in details and micro-contrasts but a bit inconsistent in the whole spectrum 
• The overall resolution is good too for the price

Dynamics

• As Good as it can get around ~$220
• The speed is natural and yet snappy, doesn't feel very digital. (By digital I mean dynamics produced by vintage drivers)

Comparison

Aful Performer 5 - 61T is better in every aspect except bass delivery & controlled timber characteristics. The punch and slam Aful Performer 5 offers is better. Apart from that everything sounds better in this IEM.

Intuaura Splendor 2 - 61T sounds a bit more textured and the treble provides a bit of excitement here and there. Both are exceptional value propositions. 61T is a bit more energetic and more exciting.

EA1000 Fermat - I prefer 61T over simply because of the Tip and Source you have to shuffle through to get rid of that lower treble & upper mids shout. Fermat offers a more cohesive soundstage, whereas this one is more unique. Although timber is better in Fermat I would always take 61T for the special sauce it provides instead of sounding shouty in the upper mids.

Hype 2 - Soundstage and tech is better in hype 2. Else from tonality to resolution is better in 61T.

Conclusion

I enjoyed this IEM so much that I decided to buy it for my friend at full price. However, it may not suit everyone’s taste since it doesn’t deliver a very authentic timbre. Still, at this price, I think it’s a fantastic option for certain genres like Hip Hop and Digital Music. It definitely deserves some consideration and is worth testing out before purchasing this price range.

5 Likes

Stunning photos, brother. Thanks for sharing the write-up!

1 Like

Thanks brother,
IDK why the bullets are presented like that.

1 Like

Don’t tell me you clicked these pictures :confused: bruh

1 Like

OK I won’t tell you :rofl:

Argha, your work is next level bro. The pics and the review format has gone level up. Please keep up the good work, you are moving in the right direction

2 Likes