🔶 Koss KPH30i

Ok so I finally got the clears after years of messing with the portas and the 75s, probably the best from the 3 stock but I still like both the other ones with band mod and yaxi pads a bit more, but yeah anyway I tried the grado pad mod and hated it, they’re just scratchier and bulkier, soundstage improves but I actually find them more uncomfortable.

Anyway besides that I got an idea to make them over ears and just put some he400i pads I had around, they’re not actually mounted, just clamp attached between the headphones and my head, works better than expected, has no one made a 3d printed thing to attach regular pads to these? Works way better than it should, I think I saw a grado mod a while ago, but just some kind of disc for mounting any pad would be awesome…

:thinking: I managed to get some more air and tighten up the bass pretty well. Not bad for $25 not bad at all. :rofl:

8 Likes

You didn’t buy Sodial pads by any chance, did you?

Idk they’re some chinese brand, is there a specific recommendation for those?
Still think it’s probably better to just put yaxis on them so I can take them outside without looking like a fool lol

Geekria are the usual recommendation.

Has anyone tried this pads with the larger hole? They look comfier than the others

Just finished up another mod of these. Purple Yaxi pads and new MMCX connectors + the wire from my Tin t2 IEMs. I enjoy the sound of this and the ultra mod equally but the comfort of the Yaxi pads is top notch.

6 Likes

Speaking of Yaxi, I’ve always wondered how these would fit onto the KPH30is. Idk whats up with the link embed, but they are S-Cushions for Grados.

https://www.amazon.com/Cushion-YAXI-Replacement-earpads-Black/dp/B089SST2YM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=yaxi+grado&qid=1625425963&sprefix=yaxi+grado&sr=8-3

Update, actual best version of these I’ve found(tried the bigger grado pads, and yaxi)

This is the most comfortable I got them and they don’t look as ridiculous as the “ultra” mod.
Still on ears but they’re way larger than even yaxi, and the edge of the pads is kinda beveled, almost makes them over ear, not bad at all.

It’s these pads btw.

3 Likes

Any significant change in sound when compared to the “ultra” mod?

Sounds closer to yaxi or stock than the ultra mod, I actually prefer it that way cause ultra makes them too bright imo, it’s more of a comfort mod than a sound one, but I think they do sound a bit less congested.

1 Like

F

ten characters

Do you mind posting more images of your new cushions, and how they attach to your KPH30is?

I’m just confused, because there is foam inside the cushion, but the images for the amazon link show a hollow cushion. Like, is this layered with stock foam, or the Yaxi Pads?

Same as the ultra mod, I have some generic porta pro foams below (cause I ripped the stock pads when trying the yaxis), and couldn’t fit them over the yaxis, but the stock pads should work the same, they don’t even need the cable cut-out tbh but I did it anyway.

(porta foams do seem softer and nicer than the stock ones tho)

1 Like

I see, thank you. Your discovery might fix my comfort needs too.

It basically makes them over ear for me, I’m pretty pleased tbh

Interesting that no one here has commented on the evolution of the Ultra mod yet.

Dekoni Nuggets on the inside of the Grado pads (go to about the 13 minute mark):

2 Likes

Probably because the nuggets are usually stupidly expensive.

$12 @ Guitar Center, RN. Although backordered currently.

1 Like

To be fair, that’s still like half the price of a KPH30i, but then again, so are the knockoff Grado pads.