Let's talk about computers

Might not be the worst idea to do that. That’s a lot of anime. I just stream what I want to watch, lol.

Eh, I get tired of commercials. Can’t say I haven’t entertained the idea of buying a couple high capacity enterprise drives, possibly ripping my DVDs and BlueRays onto it, and turning it into a PLEX or media server.

1 Like

BTW you might want to look into some cloud storage.
Personally i use BackBlaze, the upside is that its 60$ a year for unlimited storage, the bad part is that its a “mirror” service, unlike Google drive and such, its not a folder you can just dump stuff on to, rather it makes a mirror image of your hard drives, so if you plan on running one of your PCs as a storage server, backing it up with back blaze might also be a good idea.

I tend to be off the mind to avoid cloud storage if possible. Kinda got the mindset of having my data on someone else’s computer as being a bad thing. I get they’re a reputable company, but all the same.

Fair enough, for me its for work purposes so i dont have the luxury of being picky. When you have around 7TB of data that you need to have multiple copies, a cloud storage solution is a good way to cut down costs (i still have hard copies but its always good to be paranoid when it comes to important data)

2 Likes

Speaking about CPU coolers, the Deepcool Assassin 3 that I bought back then is still a top performer for my rig, and the cooling is still up there among the best air cpu coolers imo, though it can be a bit noisy at times, but not to a degree it can sound like a jet engine, it’s more like a gentle breeze that can make me help fall asleep, so there’s some bonus ASMR.

It’s a beefy air cooler, but I have some few nitpickings here and there but overall they are not much of a big deal. The first one would be its heat sink color, I wish it has that black finish paint instead of the usual silver/chrome finish it would even look sick with a black color. The second one is that, you have to get a specific case for it, meaning you cannot use its stock fan from the front if you have a case width wise, not really wide. Also a factor of not being able to use the stock 140mm fan from it would be the ram stick you’re using as well, if you have a low-profile set you’re pretty much good to go, if it’s your standard your ram kit, it’s pretty much going to raise your fan and it can be annoying to not being able to close your case’s side panel, therefore like me, had to settle for a smaller fan on the cooler.

I’m rocking a Noctua NH-U12S chromax. Bought as a renewed item from Amazon for $60. Have zero complains, it’s quiet all the time and my R7 1800x almost never passes 72°C. Granted I am in a ~ 30°C environment, and I only using PBO. I was able to overclock the chip to 4.0GHz at around 80°C, but the benefits where to small to justify the heat load.

The original $80 price tag is too much, but if you can find it at a discount used or renewed I think is a good cooler. From my understanding the non-chromax have the same performance so if you find one at a good price it’s also a great option.

1 Like

Not much of a choice if you need to avoid catastrophic data loss…

Word of caution to stay away from the MSI AIO coolers. Seems like they suffer from the same gunk build-up as the Enermax Liqtech II.

1 Like

There are other ways

Guys I found an SSD that might be suitable for me in terms of performance and pricing, that would be the Samsung 980 1TB the non-pro version though. It seems that is the only one that I can get at the moment within a reasonable price, but the downside of it is the lack of DRAM it seems, meaning it’s not much faster than the usual recommended SSDs in the market and it’s not surprising since it is a non-Pro version and the pricing of it is around 137USD for me.

I was thinking about getting the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB version this time, but due to the bait and switch shit that ADATA did, I cannot see myself buying it. There’s the WD Black SN750 SE, not sure about it but it seems solid for games and the Crucial P5, seems great but I am worried about its tendencies to get freaking hot real quick according to some reviewers.

Anyone wanna buy my expensive ass gaming PC lol

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/VWgwrH

I will not lie, I had to go and double-check that you didn’t accidentally put an extra ‘0’ on the case price. :astonished:

I wish, it’s a killer PC. I just don’t game like I used to. It just sits here most of the time.

That one hits home, especially when most of the games nowadays are either broken at launch, just plain shit, infested with a lot of greedy monetization and just overall fundamentally broken. It’s rare to find PC games that I actually enjoy and not just pass the time. I think so far, the only game I have enjoyed this year genuinely would be God of War 2018, and that’s a fucking PS4 game years ago and surprisingly has a good PC port. Like well done Sta. Monica.

I wouldnt say its that lob-sided there have been some pretty good games out there, sure there are some stinkers but overall there is enough variety. Indies in particular have been getting pretty good as some solid AA games.
It just depends on what you like to play, for me right now ive been finishing Sifu which is awesome, but there a lot of solid games out there.

Gotta say that Murderbox case is a thing of beauty, even though i like them small the design on that thing is great

1 Like

Yeah I know, don’t mind on what I just said to gaming in general. That is just my cynical side mostly showing up again for I am sick of getting disappointed on every new game that comes out and that cynical catalyst began after the later parts of 2010s of gaming went to shit. But yeah, there are some good games out there and you just need to keep looking and not mind the triple A gaming scene for now.

I think the recent game that I legit had fun with as well would be Sifu, man that game sure it’s very simple, and the story is not its strongest point, but the gameplay, man it’s so freaking fun.

Don’t forget Deep Rock Galactic. I never get tired of those dwarves!

2 Likes

Ya, i finished the game im just trying to clean things up a biti want to finish it under 25 but that shit is rough

Also Game pass is a solid deal for trying out new games, they got the new Warhammer, and a whole lot of solid games.

Personally i dont mind some MTX in games as long as it doesnt touch the gameplay, some dont but the ones that do can fuck right off. The Games industry has kept AAA/AA game prices pretty much the same for about 30 years so i cant say i blame them when they try find ways to bring in more money (to be clear i dont like it, i just get why it happens), especially when the bar is so much higher and dev costs are that much higher.

P.s im talking about micro transactions, not talking about all the NFT fuckery going on, that shit can fuck off a cliff with bobby kotick and those greedy dumbasses who think its a good idea