Let's talk about computers

Is there any particular reason they didn’t just make the pins right angled?

2 Likes

A Mini ITX build for a friend that i just finished

I5-12600K 3.7 GHz
Scythe Fuma 2 Rev.B
Gigabyte Z690I AORUS ULTRA LITE
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB
Gigabyte GAMING OC GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Video Card
Cooler Master MasterBox NR20
Corsair SF600 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX

Quick side note: the CPU cooler is backwards intentionally, since this case doesnt have any incoming air from the front i fliped the back fan to intake and the 2 top fans are set to exhaust.

So a bit of background story - A good friend’s husband called me up a few weeks ago asking for some help picking parts a surprise B day computer he was getting her, he wanted small, aesthetic with some respectable horsepower (she’s a photographer so she needs it), and it had to be white…

while it started from helping him pick parts, it turned into to me actually ordering and building it :smiley:

Its my first time building in a mini ITX case, a bit frustrating but kinda amazing about the results…
Basically if you arent using the additional PCIE slots or or a lot of storage (though i do think2 SSD + 2 NVMEs i think is plenty ) going MINI is a solid option, its like 60% of my 4000D - and that’s not a big case to big with.

Oh and Thermals are kind stellar, 66C after a full 20 min stress test

4 Likes

Honestly, the thing I want them to do the most is get their drivers in order

They’re newer drivers seem much better then they were in the past

That’s good to hear, my friend did buy a one GPU from the 6xxx series, ended up switching to Nvidia because of the constant crashes and instability

2 Likes

More snake oil

1 Like

Hm not that surprising imo, still can’t say I would believe audio USB cables but also admit these i believe in blissful ignorance so my wallet is save :laughing:

It made me irrationally angry when Jake said they were using an Element III to power the 1266. Very nearly stopped watching the video.

regardless, hes not wrong, Digital is digital and a 30$ switch cannot “improve” the sound no matter how many “modifications” they made.

4 Likes

It’s a shame they didn’t test it as an actual switch. I bet all the fuckery they did actually borked it.

I thought that looked like a bit of a miss-match, but the rest of the video was entertaining enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Especially with all the “Illuminati” symbols

yeah… those where rather WTF :smiley:

For the price, you can get some fun switches (Cisco 3560-CX, Aruba 2530 8G, etc.) that can at least do QoS, which maybe under certain circumstances could prevent drop outs on congested networks.

Right? Should have hammered the thing with all ports going full tilt.

Some Engineer fighting signal degradation is crying over that inspirational quote on his mousepad right now.

I think the engineer more like “Bitch, please” to the inventor of this stupid product
If we were talking WIFI through solid objects or over an extremely large area he might, have a thing or two to say but with a CAT5 cable over a few meters?

Wifi is not Digital, is RF. And that’s a domain with all the problems of analog plus other unique to them.

But I would say you’re right for the “digital is digital” in the case of a switch used for music streaming. Unless you’re talking big Datacenter, you’re probably not getting even 100Mbps, and that’s still “normal digital domain”. Things begin do get weird in the hundreds, and begin to get RF and the signal integrity nightmare in the Gbps and up.

Well this has been a good day, learned something new today.
…wait just a minute!

Looking at HP laptops. My GF’s mom wants one to play a game on that she plays on her phone all the time. The one she picked out has 1TB storage & 32GB memory, but its only a dual core processor & only 720p resolution on a 15" screen. The price is a bit over $500.

My only concern was it being just dual core & just 720p resolution. Does that really matter?