Let's talk about movies lol

I think you will appreciate it more. I can see the mixed feelings on part 1, but part 2 to me is up there with his best. The premtaure burial, her training scenes, and then the finale are as good as it gets for me. Its a kung fu movie at heart

1 Like

True. Maybe if I think of it as that more I can grasp it more. I generally like Kung fu movies to be honest.

Can you link the full playlist outside of spotify? Curious to hear the other tracks on there not on the official soundtrack. My favorite part in Once Upon a Time is the way he shits all over Bruce Lee. I know he always liked Sonny Chiba, etc, but to call Bruce Lee a glorified dancer cracked me up

I don’t know how to or if you can.

You have tidal? I’m currently rebuilding my playlists and can send it to you when I get to that one ha.

No worries, I can open it without a sub. Sorry, used to Tidal giving you just 30 seconds without paying

edit: looks cool without listening yet.

Okay sweet. Yeah I like it. Lots of 60s through 70s rock and pop basically ha. I obsess with building playlists.

But I get tidal hifi for free with sprint now so I’m rebuilding them all.

There are tools to automatically do it but, especially for this older music, there’s so many remasters and different versions that it kinda butchers it automatically. So I have to listen to like 5 versions of each song over and over to get the version I like most.

A tedious process but I love the music anyways and the journey is the fun part lol.

1 Like

I’v ehad Tial long enough that switching would be a pain, but it’s definitely not as user friendly as it could be, and they don’t do enough to let people see the service the way Spotify does. If Tidal had Spotify’s features and suggestion algorithm, there’d be no dispute

1 Like

True. I tend to use Spotify to discover music more because it’s interface and suggestions are way better. I have both fortunately. Spotify from a family plan my mom keeps me on ha. Then tidal for free with sprint. :grimacing:

1 Like

It was really hard to follow up Reservoir Dogs. That one was a classic.

Really fantastic movie… great rec :+1:

1 Like

So true. Is it bad to root for the bad guys? Haha

Today’s recommendations

Ixcanul - Central American/Mexican magical realist film about a woman who climbs a volcano to make a sacrifice/wish to rid herself of the baby she doesnt want to have

The return - russian film. 2 latchkey kids’ estranged father returns and takes them away from their mother to go on a car trip far into the country. What happens next is a quick lesson about growing up at the hands of a brutal conflicting patriarch

2 Likes

Embrace of the Serpent - Brazil - heart of darkness but told from the perspective of the native guide.

Wild tales - Argentina - a complex series of dark satires and vignettes chronicling the hipocricies of modern life

Joan of Arc - classic hollywood retelling starring Ingrid bergman

Joan the maid - french new wave version by jaques rivette- ultra long

The wild hunt - canadian. Dark horror film about larpers turning their game real

Bunny lake is missing - classic british/hollywood thriller from the sixties. A woman goes to pick up her child from school only to find her missing. Worse yet. People keep telling her her daughter never existed

The naked kiss - pulp noir with a lynchian twist. 1960s

Dave made a maze - Dave’s girlfriend comes home to find dave made a cardboard maze in their living room. Its bigger on the inside

Rare exports - Scandinavian film. A young boy discovers the dark brutal truth about the real Santa clause

No - an advertiser forms a political TV campaign to bring down Pinochet in Chile

Bringing out the dead - martin Scorsese - an insomniac emt wanders the streets of NYC trying to break his unlucky curse after a young girl dies under his care

Castle keep - in ww2 a troop takes over a castle to use as a stronghold against the nazis. The soldiers quickly become distracted by the pleasures and peace of the castle and nearby town and the commander enters a contract with the sterile lord of the castle to give his wife a child. 60s. Sidney Pollack

2 Likes

Carve Her Name With Pride - A great movie about Violette Szabo, one of thousands of women who were trained as spies during WWII. It’s more romanticized than Odette but better written.

Withnail And I - This film has so many classic scenes of British film with incredible dialogue, like this one.

To Be Or Not To Be - Oddly enough, this Mel Brooks film is actually a remake.

But my favorite Mel Brooks film is and always will be The Twelve Chairs.

3 Likes

Samsara is on Prime Video.
If you pause during any frame of this film, it can be your living room decoration.

1 Like

Please lets keep this thread alive. Surprisingly to me, you can apparently watch videos directly from imdb. You will get a few commercials, but its free otherwise. It’s not audio related in any way, but it let me watch an Allen Iverson doc I’ve not wanted to pay for prior. I’m very happy this exists even if it is limited in scope

Just finished “In the tall grass”. It’s another Stephen King adaption. It wasn’t particularly scary or exciting but it’s a bit spooky at times and has interesting ideas. I would give it a lukewarm recommendation if you’re looking for another horror Netflix movie to watch.

1 Like

I’ll have some more movie reccs when I get through a thing.