Lets talk about your tips! ;)

Does anyone have any tip recs for Galaxy Buds2 Pros? Just upgraded my phone (to S23) and got a free set of the Bud FEs which I gave to my wife. Fancied trying a set but ended up finding a new, sealed set of the Buds2 Pros off fleabay for a bit of a steal and £20 less than new pair of the FEs. Ordered some different sizes of Alza Sedna Max and Spinfit CP360s to try but would appreciate any other recs for tips to try out :+1: .

Just got some goodies in from Ali. Didn’t realize the ostry has screens in them.:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Those Ostry tips look super interesting, I’ve never heard of those before. Mind linking me to the listing you got them from?!

1 Like

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $4.99 | OSTRY OS100 / OS200 / OS300 Earphone Turning Tips For Hifi Earphones KC06A KC06 And Catheter Diameter 4mm-6mm Earphones
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqpWoze

3 Likes

2 Likes

Damn, thank you kindly brudda!

2 Likes

I don’t know about AliX, but I got 'em from Amazon in the US, man - they were dead cheap too. Looking for a link, brb…

3 Likes

What the hell! :handshake: you’re the man for this, I was about to buy em off Ali and wait 6 months for delivery

2 Likes

Yeah, man - here’s the link:

OSTRY OS100 - OS200 - OS300 Earphone Turning Tips https://a.co/d/cQt9quw

Just noticed that the Amazon seller is Shenzhen Audio. Wasn’t Prime 2 day, but I did get’em in 10 days right in the middle of the holiday rush. $13 for 9 pairs (3 per pack). Hope they work out for you - I like 'em…

2 Likes

Just noticed how cheap the AliX link is tho - might be worth the wait after all :thinking:

Edit: so the listing with three packs is $11.98, a $1 difference (@ first I thought it was 3 boxes for $5, which is nuts)…

2 Likes

Wish I would have know that!!’ I searched on Amazon and could never find them

3 Likes

You’re a legend, thank you much. I definitely will give these a shot for the Maestro Mini wit their no grill on the nozzle having ass.

I had to give up on using the Sedna max tips because the pressure build up when you first put them in is cringe inducing.

3 Likes

My pleasure - happy to contribute! :handshake:

3 Likes

Cant put a regular filter on it yourself?

1 Like

I’ve tried, there is no lip for the filter to catch onto so the ones I have don’t stay on properly and I just don’t want to use a stronger glue in case I screw it up. I don’t have the most steady hands in the world, so dealing with tweezers and small filters is tough for me.

1 Like

aa yeah then the other methods are also kinda risky/one-way tickets.
in that case that ostry tip will do fine, that one was actually popular like 4 years ago or so. Havent seen anyone mention it in a loooong while though.

iirc, the OS100 is the one with the least dense filter (= least amount of damping/change). So I would probably get that one and then just buy some separate filters and put them on them if you want more damping later. Not sure what the size is but you probably want those 3mm filters.

oh and for the record, I believe those comply foam tips also have an inbuilt filter/foam for protection.

3 Likes

I appreciate that, I wasn’t sure what the numbers were referring to, I thought at first it was the sizes.

I’ll give em a shot.

3 Likes

iirc, I believe the consensus back then was that those tips are just average tips with filters built in, so not as good as the spinfits (the one and only tip people raved about back then pretty much).

4 Likes

Finally got the S&S tips that are the right size, they are smaller than usual so needed to get L (normally I wear M). Man what great tips they are! Also easily better and more forgiving than XLASTECS imo.

2 Likes

Ok, this is probably one of the best ear tips that I have ever got this year, and at first it was weird when I tried them on first because they are for real smooth in ears. These Divinus ear tips are a surprise to me, just like when I first got the Dunu S&S tips back then. I thought these were gonna slip off of my ears but no, somehow they stuck in and didn’t loosen, but removing it from ears it’s like instant. I am like WTF.

3 Likes